Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Do you think closures have an age limit?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 5:18pm
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

The non 18ish crowd has also learned no matter how much heat spray you do leaveout sooner or later will need life support work and if a closure and some work, coin and sorcery is needed to achieve that its more important .

No one is fooling anyone with 4 bundles of light yaki bodywave in 20+ so I really dont get the wig shade, is a weave more acceptable than a wig??? 

Just wondering

Princess imma need you to get out of my head asap. What the hayell is the difference between a weave with crunchy leave out and a wig with a closure protecting the healthy hair that you have. I would rather go with the wig ma'am. If you don't have the coins to protect your hair then there's no point.
Sponsored Links

Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 5:38pm
Bana I was reaching deep down to find a way to word it without a hint of shade. Im not really mean but some stuff make me squint & confused.
sweetApples9 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sweetApples9 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

You need to read BHM topics to began . Do you have enough hair to cover tracks in the front ? Leave closures alone until you are older and wiser . I notice young ladies with black /white glue all around the temple area with bald spots.    

Learn the basics on taking care of your natural hair and installs . You join the right site to learn great info on how to retain healthy hair and nice weaves . Take the time to research for free .

Yes I have enough hair :) lol it's armpit length but I've noticed that my leave out has heat damage and I was looking into closures but most of the time they look fake/wiggy I've only seen about 5 closure installs that look truly real. LOL 

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 24 2014 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by sweetApples9 sweetApples9 wrote:

You need to read BHM topics to began . Do you have enough hair to cover tracks in the front ? Leave closures alone until you are older and wiser . I notice young ladies with black /white glue all around the temple area with bald spots.    

Learn the basics on taking care of your natural hair and installs . You join the right site to learn great info on how to retain healthy hair and nice weaves . Take the time to research for free .

Yes I have enough hair :) lol it's armpit length but I've noticed that my leave out has heat damage and I was looking into closures but most of the time they look fake/wiggy I've only seen about 5 closure installs that look truly real. LOL 

Baby you need to check out the growth /breakage forums to maintain your long locs lol . Good luck .
CallMeLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 7:31am
Originally posted by sweetApples9 sweetApples9 wrote:

Yes I have enough hair :) lol it's armpit length but I've noticed that my leave out has heat damage and I was looking into closures but most of the time they look fake/wiggy I've only seen about 5 closure installs that look truly realLOL 

Yeeeeep. 
chocolate03 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote chocolate03 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 12:42pm

The non 18ish crowd has also learned no matter how much heat spray you do leaveout sooner or later will need life support work and if a closure and some work, coin and sorcery is needed to achieve that its more important .

No one is fooling anyone with 4 bundles of light yaki bodywave in 20+ so I really dont get the wig shade, is a weave more acceptable than a wig??? 

Just wondering

Girrrl. I used to have that same warped mentality about wigs until I realized that I was looking crazy trying to blend my hair. I went from sew ins with leavout, to uparts with closures, and now I'm doing research in lf newbies so that I can order my first full lace wig. The vets in lace fronts be putting 99% of the weave wearers that I know to shame with those apps!
pepsi25 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pepsi25 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Just wondering

Princess imma need you to get out of my head asap. What the hayell is the difference between a weave with crunchy leave out and a wig with a closure protecting the healthy hair that you have. I would rather go with the wig ma'am. If you don't have the coins to protect your hair then there's no point.
LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL #DEAD
Keezyanduknoit View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Keezyanduknoit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 1:41pm

some ppl can't  properly place a closure nor wig, it looks just as bad as anybody walking ard w/ their "crunchy" leave out on top of some nice and silky weave...

Edited by Keezyanduknoit - Jul 25 2014 at 1:45pm
HaitianBeauty_ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianBeauty_ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 2:05pm
I'm 21 and made my first upart with a closure last year. Everyone thought it was my hair, even family I haven't seen in a couple months. I don't think there's an age limit. Just gotta know what you're doing and as it was mentioned, this is the perfect place to find out.
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 3:21pm
@sweet apples what is your definition of wiggy?? because im not sure if your referring to it the install looking like a helmet or something .... because just as wigs can look bad so can installs with leave out , and you need to protect your hair at all costs trust me... when i was your age i was doing the same thing flat ironing my leave out to death.. if i would of barked upon bhm at that age i would take all wisdom and use it trust me, its all about practicing and learning in 24 now nd still learning a lot from the vets on bhm... 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic