Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Do you stand or walk up Escalators?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by thickblkbarbie thickblkbarbie wrote:

Stand, I am afraid i will trip and scuff my knees, or shoe lace will get caught

this is me. I could never walk/run. Scary. takes me like 10 seconds to find the "right" step before i get on...i know, i know
Sponsored Links

jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 12:58pm
I'm with you WF.
When it's time to get off I have to time my step lol
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 1:04pm
^^OMG...me too...LOL.i went overseas, and couldn't find regular stairs/elevators anywhere...i was forced to get on them damn things all day everyday. I still couldn't get over the lump in my throat whenever we approached one.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 1:05pm
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 1:16pm
Its very similar to driving on the highway.  Your far left lane is the fast lane and if you are moving slow in this lane, you need to move to the right lane and let other cars pass.  Unfortunately, a lot of people do not understand this concept and persistently block lanes.

This issue matters to people when they are in a rush.   Walking up the stairs takes up more time then walking up an escalator.  When you are trying to catch a bus or train, every second counts.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

I stand.

If I wanted exercise, I'd go take the stairs.

lol. this is my reason for walking them
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 1:20pm
when I worked near a MD Metro station, it used to be so funny to watch  people come running up to the escalator to get to the train; hop on escalator, and just stand. The funny part would be that the escalator was turned off at certain times of the day. We'd watch to see how long it took them to realize the stairs weren't moving and start walking the escalator steps . Sometimes it would take a while lol.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 1:24pm
My fitbit encourages me to take as many steps as possible. LOL  
bigsexylisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigsexylisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 4:12pm
I will do both, depending on my mood, and how long the escalator is.  Generally, in the afternoons I walk til I get to a stationary person and then just stand.  If there is no one standing, I'll just keep walking.  On my "eff it" days, I'm riding all the way up.  
Mixer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 4:26pm
I started a nightmare in this thread.Sleepy
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic