Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

do you see something wrong with Regifting?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 12:19am
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

For me:

I don't like it.
I would rather the person gave me nothing.
I was so hurt when I found out a gift from someone close was a regift.

I don't give to get a gift in return; so it was hurtful that the person thought they had to give me something that someone intended for them just because I gave them a gift.

If it's things I don't want or need, I'll just give it to someone but not say it's a gift. Like I'll just say "I got 2 bread machines as gifts, you need one?" or "someone gave me these earrings and I don't like them, but they look like you." But I always let it be known that someone gave it to me so they don't think I got it for them.

I'm kinda weird about gifting tho.LOL

this is how i believe it should be done and not give it as a real "present." it's a hey--you want this girl? 

eta: i put in a LOT of thoughts into gifts. a lot. i sit and think, remember past convos, pay attention to present convos, etc. so regifting would hurt my feelings too

Edited by EPITOME - Jan 11 2013 at 12:22am
Sponsored Links

Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 12:21am
What you trying to get rid of..Maybe I can take some items off ya hands Stern Smile
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 12:30am
oh, by weird I mean that when I get a gift for someone I'm close to, I try to choose something that reflects them in some way or something they've spoke about needing, or admired in my presence. So I've taken time to think about them and pick something related to them. 

ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 1:41am
this is why i typically give cash unless i happen to know what the person really wants...
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 1:42am
oh and everything purp said...
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 3:31am
i think it matters who are regifting to and who you are regifting from

Edited by afrokock - Jan 11 2013 at 3:36am
khivey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khivey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 4:42am
Word. I regift to my co-workers and associates without a second thought.
Friends and family, there is thought put into it because I know what they like.
However, if it is a really nice gift that I know someone in my family or a friend would like...I  would definitely regift.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic