Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do You Live Live in a Whitopia?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do You Live Live in a Whitopia?
    Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 8:46am

*** A Whitopia is whiter than the nation, its respective region, and its state. It has posted at least 6 percent population growth since 2000. The majority of that growth (often upward of 90 percent) is from white migrants. And a Whitopia has je ne sais quoi — an ineffable social charisma, a pleasant look and feel.

Between 2007 and 2009, I packed my bags and embarked on a 26,909-mile journey throughout the heart of white America — some of the fastest-growing and whitest locales in our nation.

A prediction that made headlines across the United States ten years ago is fast becoming a reality: By 2042, whites will no longer be the American majority. A related, less reported trend is that as people of color, especially immigrant populations, increase in cities and suburbs, more and more whites are living in small towns and exurban areas that are predominately, even extremely, white.

Call these places White Meccas. Or White Wonderlands. Or Caucasian Arcadias. Or Blanched Bunker Communities. Or White Archipelagos.

I call them Whitopia.

My journey to unlock the mysteries of Whitopia took me from a three-day white separatist retreat with links to Aryan Nations (North Idaho) to the inner sanctum of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue — and many points in between. To learn what makes the Whitopias tick, and why and how they are growing, I lived in three of them for more than three months apiece — in Utah, Idaho, and Georgia.

On this improbable journey, I show you what Whitopias are like and the urgent social and political implications of this startling phenomenon.

Searching for Whitopia is the only source to identify the nation's whitest, "best place to live" communities: 286 U.S. counties and 39 metropolitan areas in all. Do you live in a Whitopia?

For a complete, alphabetized table of every county and metropolitan area in the US that is a Whitopia, please refer to the book. The book includes a list of every Whitopia; its percentage of non-Hispanic white residents; its overall growth rate after 2000; and the percent of that growth coming from non-Hispanic whites.

Top Ten States Containing the Most
Whitopias
                  Number of Its Counties That  Qualify as Whitopias
Tennessee 23
Minnesota 20
Georgia 21
Missouri 18
Kentucky 17
Utah 11
Virginia 11
Arkansas 10
Colorado 10
Idaho 10
Indiana 10
Ohio 10
Wisconsin 10

map

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=110509979533669937074.000479afb108330764ccf&source=embed&ll=37.230328,-95.976562&spn=24.411888,37.353516

Edited by SamoneLenior - Jan 11 2013 at 8:51am
Sponsored Links

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 8:49am
Not surprised that the list has a bunch of southern & midwestern states
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:02am
lol no i do not live in one. white ppl generally avoid my city.

idk how this person could have lived in those places.

not surprised at KY...some of those places in eastern ky are like 2 steps away from being sundown towns.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:04am

I think Centreville, Leesburg, and Herdon VA are Whitopias

my brother said that is where White peope move when they truly don't want to see any minorities
(there are some there, but not many lol)
BrownQtee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BrownQtee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:06am

Washington state should really be on that list. SMH.

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:50am
oh i def. do.  and it is disconcerting to see so many white faces. not used to it and we're always on edge. don't know how they'll react

Edited by EPITOME - Jan 11 2013 at 9:59am
Serwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Serwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:56am
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I think Centreville, Leesburg, and Herdon VA are Whitopias

my brother said that is where White peope move when they truly don't want to see any minorities
(there are some there, but not many lol)

Centreville is only 57% white lol
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:58am
heavens no.  never.

well let me take back the never part...  actually, i went to school in what i consider a whitopia state...and i HATED IT...and it's not even on that list.  smh, if it gets any yter....i'd rather knaw my own arm off rather than live anywhere like that...

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Jan 11 2013 at 2:51pm
dreamz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dreamz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:58am
Lord yes.
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2013 at 9:59am
no. i need to see original ppl everyday.

jr.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System