Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Do you like your face?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 1.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 9:57am
I used to haaaaaate my face. I used to hate everything about myself really.
I've come a long way.

I enjoy my face. I've embraced that a little vanity is extremely healthy.
Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I quite love my face! I've come a long way in the self-esteem department, I must say.

But honestly, it feels great that I love myself so much that when I look in the mirror, I naturally smile. I want my future children to have that same healthy self-love.

Also damn, I was looking good today. Man, I highlighted my face right! My makeup was simple, but on point! I was looking like a queen. My cheekbones were on point~

girl bye. ur pretty....why did u not love ur face?
beautiful-stranger View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautiful-stranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:05am
Haven't always but i've come a very very long way 
Mixer View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mixer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:18am
I love my beard.
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 10:20am
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

lawdamussy

LOL
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

I quite love my face! I've come a long way in the self-esteem department, I must say.

But honestly, it feels great that I love myself so much that when I look in the mirror, I naturally smile. I want my future children to have that same healthy self-love.

Also damn, I was looking good today. Man, I highlighted my face right! My makeup was simple, but on point! I was looking like a queen. My cheekbones were on point~

girl bye. ur pretty....why did u not love ur face?

Wasn't raised in an environment that really taught self-love. LOL In fact, the opposite, more like. I was a sensitive youth. Pair that low self-esteem grooming at home to the bullying at school growing up and it was the perfect path for me to begin hating myself.

Sometimes, when people tell you the same thing about yourself enough, you may begin to believe it. My self esteem was so low that if I was called something negative, I would reply with, "I know."

But eventually I got tired of hating myself because of how exhausting it is and slowly taught myself not to doubt myself and merit myself. Eventually, I began to appreciate myself and my self esteem was on the rise.

Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 12:30pm
I have high cheekbones and hate them, that's why I don't smile a lot. So that is what I would change. Maybe my teeth too and these blackheads on my skin. Other than that, I like the way I look. People always mistake me for a teenager and I love it!
**Sk!TtLeS B** View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote **Sk!TtLeS B** Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 12:47pm
I loves me face and me smile and always have! 
I'd get invisalign to close up these gaps, but they're not that noticeable or distracting so if I dont do it I'll still look goodCool.

Interestingly enough, my body image issues never made it up to my face. It was always, "yeah, my body looks like this, but at least my face is nice."

Hello! Tsuki View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Hello! Tsuki Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 6:24pm
Sorry to bump this, but, I just got back from a clothing store and, well......

.....can we talk about how horrible dressing room mirrors are 

D:
*Belle*Femme* View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote *Belle*Femme* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 08 2013 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by Hello! Tsuki Hello! Tsuki wrote:

Sorry to bump this, but, I just got back from a clothing store and, well......

.....can we talk about how horrible dressing room mirrors are 

D:
Girl, yes. Those dressing room mirrors make me feel like shyt. I feel so chunky and look dimply in those mirrors. At home i look so sexy and smooth.  Thats why i just make purchases and bring back what doesnt fit.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021>
  Share Topic