BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you like your face?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 21>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 6 Votes, Average 1.67  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:47pm
I think the Taino are the original people in Dominican Republic, not sure if they still exist there or mixed descendants ... I just don't know

but I thought the poster was talking about Dominica/St Vincent?
Sponsored Links

iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:47pm
I love my smile and high cheekbones
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:49pm
I's a learning about my Caribbean people...Keep going yall. Its very interesting. All this while I thought the Caribbean people came from Africa and they(yt's) dropped off the stubborn ones in the Islands/tropics.
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:53pm
Taino= Cuba, Jamaica, PR, DR, Bahamas and VI.. I am sure I am missing an island or too.

Edited by Rumbera - Feb 07 2013 at 2:55pm
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:54pm
yes most of the Caribbean people today are of African origin

but before the english, spanish, french and dutch came to kill, pillage and destroy

there were people living in the caribbean islands ... they got drove out from disease, murder, etc

Edited by rickysrose - Feb 07 2013 at 2:58pm
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:56pm

Dominica

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:57pm

wherever I am in the caribbean, people always ask me if I'm related to so and so

I love that

Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 2:57pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

I's a learning about my Caribbean people...Keep going yall. Its very interesting. All this while I thought the Caribbean people came from Africa and they(yt's) dropped off the stubborn ones in the Islands/tropics.

They basically killed off (some died from diseases, etc)  so many Taino and Caribs that they had bring in African slaves.
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 3:08pm
My guess is that Guyana was too dangerous (in terms of the wild life, the jungle, not knowing how to navigate the rivers etc.) that the british didn't bother killing out the Caribs and other Indigenous tribes. When the brits came, those tribes moved further inland. They are really the only ones who can navigate Guyana's jungle with ease. They know how to communicate with anacondas and panthers well. They can survive there.

The brits and dutch couldn't stand a chance. They were forced to stay in the city and rape the resources, and just left the natives to do their own thing. 
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 3:10pm
The Caribs still have a pretty strong presence in Dominica. I went there two years ago and a Carib family gave us a tour of the island and a history lesson in their culture. Very interesting.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1112131415 21>
  Share Topic