Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

do you let your children listen to hiphop?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote naturesgift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2014 at 10:20pm
If I had kids I wouldn't let them listen to the Crap on the radio out here, in fact I try and avoid it as much as I can even the County music has gone vulgar!
Sponsored Links

dijah.love View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dijah.love Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 12:30am
I wasn't sheltered and I personally love hip hop so I could never shun what I believe to be an integral part of our culture. I would be selective of the artists they listen to, but banning a whole genre? thats ludicrous.

If everyone says their kids don't/won't, and all these kids do............what's going on here?
HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 12:34am
Will you let them listen to the Kids Bop version of hiphop songs?   LOLLOL

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 12:53am
my kids can listen to hip hop… 

i mean within reason. Like i wont let my 4 year old sit around with earphones on listening to tutorials on how to ass clap, pussci pop and yank it good fa daddy.. but when theyre a little older say like theyre listening to katy perry.. then next some hip hop comes on… im not gonna make them turn it or anything Confused

they'll know what theyre allowed to repeat and they'll ask some sht like, 'what is makin love all night?' then they'll learn that only adults do that stuff and whatnot.. 

BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 12:57am
Yupp..I was raised on it and im not killing ppl, selling drugs or slutting my body out anymore
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 21 2014 at 5:22am
Sure, depending. The kid can learn something by listening to a beautiful struggle or get turnt up to drake...that music will be ancient history by then but still. Does my 10 year old need to listen to a Rick Ross or young jeezy? No. They're not talking about anything a child needs to know about. Would i let my daughter listen to omg girlz Gucci this Gucci that? Hell no, for what. The flow of info was super liberal in my household and while I'm sure I'll lean to that side I'll be a little more restrictive. Kids are resilient...as long as I balance out the values and put it in context they'll be alright.

As long as my baby doesn't turn out like this...his mom is teaching him something tho because he didn't curse one time lol

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic