Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do you Ladies pay Black men compliments?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 11:45am
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

Sure have. I throw em off because I'll chuck a compliment and high tail it away. I don't want you boo. Just feeling myself when I do it.

But I compliment women too! I've definitely encountered my share of side eyes. Lol. But the women that can take a compliment make it all worthwhile.

Is it me, or have you been MIA? 

I leave the scene too, I don't want any more broken heartsLOL
Sponsored Links

petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 11:46am
If I go out today I am going to find a man to compliment and see how it goes.LOL
A lil experiment.Wink
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 11:47am
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

If I go out today I am going to find a man to compliment and see how it goes.LOL
A lil experiment.Wink

Gurl watch out though, I don't want to hear no horror storiesLOL

Edited by f8dagrate - Jan 29 2014 at 11:48am
Ming View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ming Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 11:50am
lol men are crazy. I said aloud.. I like his has, NOT to him and he rolled his eyes. Like he was tired of hearing it. Oh no

Lol.. I went to one of those waffle cone trucks with a friend. Two ladies were there and she had a very pretty eye shadow. I said, I like the color of your shadow.. this btch nodded. As my friend ordered I said something not nice bout her unblended shadow and weave. that's so rude. How can you not say thank you??
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 11:54am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

A lil experiment.Wink

Gurl watch out though, I don't want to hear no horror storiesLOL

LOLLOL. I know right! Maybe I'll just give the compliment in my head. 
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 11:57am
Originally posted by Ming Ming wrote:

lol men are crazy. I said aloud.. I like his has, NOT to him and he rolled his eyes. Like he was tired of hearing it. Oh no

Lol.. I went to one of those waffle cone trucks with a friend. Two ladies were there and she had a very pretty eye shadow. I said, I like the color of your shadow.. this btch nodded. As my friend ordered I said something not nice bout her unblended shadow and weave. that's so rude. How can you not say thank you??

Rofllll LOL  I was eating out and I seen this pretty black women with a low hair cut. I said you look nice or something like that. She said " Thang you" and rolled her eyes. I was like word! Really, and my friend said "see that's why I don't compliment people, see". I was like whatever, I still do thoughLOL
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 11:58am
all the time...Embarrassed
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 11:59am

Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

I think all people in general sometimes take compliments for more than they r. The same goes for criticisms.

Yeah when I was younger I thought a man just opening up his mouth to say anything meant he was trying to holla. But as I matured I realized that sometimes they just want to give a sistah a genuine compliment and kim. 

Now that I think about it I did compliment a guy on his hair. He had neat dreads that were like twisted up into this cool style. He smiled and said thank you and I went about my business.

So many unripened social banana's on BHM, they just can't understand the concept. Folks love to get compliments but hate to give them!  Personally I compliment women all the time with no expectations, and as I became more mature and confident with myself, I compliment men too.

I specifically remember being at an event, seeing a fine young sista rocking some louboutin boots with a very nice outfit. You could tell she took pride in the way she dressed. I told her I liked her boots and the way she wore them, and the smile on her face was beaming from ear to ear. I didn't want sh*t, just genuinely wanted to tell her I noticed her style.
Being with a woman who took her appearance serious taught me how much ladies put into their appearance and I can appreciate that.
If I see a cat with a razor sharp fade, I'll compliment him and ask what barbershop he goes to. Sometimes, in order to grow, one must step outside of their comfort zones. 9 times out of 10, you'll be glad you did. ;=)
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 11:59am
My cousin is very arrogant and believes that every man wants her. So we saw this really cute cop one day. He was chocolate with neat tucked away dreads and built quite nicely like a model. So she was telling me how she has never been rejected by any man and I guess she wanted to prove it. So she goes over there batting them lashes, switching hard and doing the whole flirty thing and dude just sitting there stone faced as hell. I mean he barely opened his mouth to mumble. So then she comes back irritated and was like " That nicca gay because ain't no way in the world he wouldn't want me if he was straight!" I just laughed and nodded. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 12:02pm
@ming and f8- dang some people are so rude!! I think sometimes women think that another woman is being nicety. Giving an underhanded compliment. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 22>
  Share Topic