Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Do you know any mentally ill people?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
petiteone29 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:19pm
For those who are diagnosed as bipolar or know someone who is. How did you find out? Did something happen that made you realize you needed to seek a professional. Just curious because I think someone really close to me is bipolar but wont admit to it.
Sponsored Links

SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:25pm
Originally posted by petiteone29 petiteone29 wrote:

For those who are diagnosed as bipolar or know someone who is. How did you find out? Did something happen that made you realize you needed to seek a professional. Just curious because I think someone really close to me is bipolar but wont admit to it.

acting out in college. i was manic as fvck
what goes up must come down and i ended up in the hospital
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:32pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

wow. i need to research more about bipolar symptoms. i thought it was mainly a severe shift in mood swings.

thank you for sharing southern.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:42pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

We are in contact with mentally ill people daily online and in real life . Many walk around without any signs , until they do something like shooting children in school . We need to fight for more funding. I have a mentally ill family member that refuse to take meds . The current laws give mentally ill people the right to refuse treatment until they kill or harm . I question the Law makers mental state .

CuteNSweet View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CuteNSweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

Same. My diagnosis is iffy. They are debating now Btwn bipolar and major depression with psychotic features.   Who's knows. Anyway, the way I was diagnosed is I had lost my mind litterally.   I was manic as hell in 2011. I barely slept or I was on a crash and I slept all the time.   I wasn't able to function in everyday life like I got to the point where I couldn't do my job.   Then on other weeks I'd be so efficient that I could do my job and my co-workers together.   Well after a lot of that I became psychotic. Like paranoid as fk.   I thought ppl were out to get me.   I thought I was being followed. I thought my co-workers were harassing me.   I ended up in a hospital. So I don't know what my diagnosis really is bc my symptoms kinda cross over. Honestly, I joke and say I'm depressed, bipolar, and scizophrenic bc at different times I was diagnosed with all three depending on my symptoms at the time lol. I'm a crazy chic know this lol. Seriously though the same medicines is used to treat all of them though so I guess it doesn't matter. I ended up loosing my job behind being hospitalized and my life has been pretty sh*tty since I "lost it.". I don't blame anyone that doesn't want to be labeled with this ish.
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:46pm
Treatment is not just medication but residential facilities with board certified doctors.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 6:55pm
@cuteNsweet

thank you so much for sharing. i didnt know they used one medication to treat so many different types of mental illness.

Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:00pm
Honestly, who doesn't?

Especially if you Black. Our traumatic lives have given us a sh*tload of illnesses
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:03pm
CuteNSweet, thanks for sharing

I hate it when people stigmatized mental illnesses

We wouldn't stigmatized diseases like cancer or we'd feel like jerks. Too bad we can't feel the same way about diseases of the mind
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petiteone29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 7:03pm
i wonder if alot of us are walking around undiagnosed. i mean what is really considered "normal" when it comes to mental health.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic