Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Do you know any mentally ill people?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
niecy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niecy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 2:27pm
My aunt is. I didn't know she was until when I was 13 and my grandma took me to one of my cousin's house to hang with them and we came home at like 1 in the morning and my aunt attacked my grandma. She had me call 911 to have the ambulance come and get her.

I think mental illness runs in my dad's side of my family since it seems like alot of my younger cousins are on medications for all sorts of problems.

Edited by niecy - Mar 02 2013 at 2:29pm
Sponsored Links

beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

We are in contact with mentally ill people daily online and in real life . Many walk around without any signs , until they do something like shooting children in school . We need to fight for more funding. I have a mentally ill family member that refuse to take meds . The current laws give mentally ill people the right to refuse treatment until they kill or harm . I question the Law makers mental state .

i know it's tragic when people harm others but many of the stronger psych meds have nasty/unpleasant side effects. a lot of times you can end up on a cocktail of pills trying to fix the side effects (and side effects of the pills trying to fix the side effects)

refusing medication isn't always just an outgrowth of the mental illness
also most mentally ill people don't harm others. IMO changing the current laws re:medication would do much more harm than good.
CuteNSweet View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CuteNSweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

Originally posted by india100 india100 wrote:

We are in contact with mentally ill people daily online and in real life . Many walk around without any signs , until they do something like shooting children in school . We need to fight for more funding. I have a mentally ill family member that refuse to take meds . The current laws give mentally ill people the right to refuse treatment until they kill or harm . I question the Law makers mental state .

i know it's tragic when people harm others but many of the stronger psych meds have nasty/unpleasant side effects. a lot of times you can end up on a cocktail of pills trying to fix the side effects (and side effects of the pills trying to fix the side effects)

refusing medication isn't always just an outgrowth of the mental illness
also most mentally ill people don't harm others. IMO changing the current laws re:medication would do much more harm than good.

IA. And it's true most mentally ill people do not harm others in fact they are often the ones harmed bc of being vulnerable.   I hate the stigmas that go along with mental illness bc the fact is we all know mentally ill people you just don't know their diagnosis and with many you can't tell. Mental illness ranges from very mild like me which they call normal or high functioning to severe.

I think she can report it to protect herself if she feels threatened or unsafe.
purpulicious01 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote purpulicious01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:11pm
Yes

Professionally, because I work in the mental health field, and personally, because I know a few individuals that have a mental illness.

It sounds like the guy in the OP might have something going on mentally but to be honest, more information would be needed to  determine if he is mentally ill (specifically what other  behaviors does he exhibit that your friend thinks are abnormal. Is he engaging in any behavior(s) that are impairing his functioning. His current psychological state and speech and rationale would also have to be examined)

If your coworker is close to him, or if it's a matter that is very important to her, she might want to see if he can go visit (maybe via family) a  professional. 
Guidette View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guidette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:15pm
Yes CryBroken HeartMy uncle god rest his soul when he came back from the army and Korea he wasnt the same CryCryCryCry

Cant come back in this threadCry 
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:21pm
Yes and I also work with them
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 3:42pm
yes
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 4:50pm
yes..
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:07pm
i keep my crazy in check. most of the time
wuts-rly-good View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wuts-rly-good Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 5:30pm
im bipolar but ive dealt with a mentally ill girl recently and shes pretty banging body and everything.lets just say we had 2 incidences and 1 did not end well
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>