Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Do you know any mentally ill people?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you know any mentally ill people?
    Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:29pm
I am talking about certified mentally ill. Sectioned. 

A co-worker was telling me a really scary story about a guy she went to school with. They lost touch for a while , she heard that he was displaying crazy behavior, she went to visit him, he physically attacked herShocked, co-worker left it and hasn't seen him in many years. Coworker heard through the grapevine that this guy is abusive to people in his past, he believes that they're evil, etc etc. Co-worker randomly saw him in Central London and he was again abusive - banging on her car window (car was in traffic) 

She was so scared - she told me when she got into work. She was physically shaking. 

lol I don't know where I am going with this story but it's been on my mind a bit. Could he NOT be mentally unwell but just a grade A ass? if he truly believed people in his past are bad, would he NOT try to avoid them?

Do you know anyone who is like this and how do you avoid them? she refused restaurant invitation  after work yesterday because she was worried about bumping into him! 

Edited by zsazsa - Mar 02 2013 at 1:32pm
Sponsored Links

beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:35pm
I don't really like using the term crazy in this way but
this guy I went to high school apparently smoked some laced weed and it messed with his mind. I'm not sure how he was in person but his Facebook statuses and comments were really bizarre like
pri the girl I love got that Brotha shot is reem on the block?
she could've made it to the moon school sucks.
idk it was just weird eventually someone in his family deleted it and I haven't heard about him since. sad.
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:39pm
Originally posted by beebeexx beebeexx wrote:

I don't really like using the term crazy in this way but
this guy I went to high school apparently smoked some laced weed and it messed with his mind. I'm not sure how he was in person but his Facebook statuses and comments were really bizarre like
pri the girl I love got that Brotha shot is reem on the block?
she could've made it to the moon school sucks.
idk it was just weird eventually someone in his family deleted it and I haven't heard about him since. sad.

Thanks Bee - have changed the crazy bit. Is laced weed mixed with strong drugs? seriously the way my coworker was explaining it to me, I was so scared...considering I wasn't even there! i was feeding of her fear.
beebeexx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beebeexx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:41pm
i don't even know... it may not even be the real story just heard it through the grape vibe. I know around that time doing "wet" (formaldehyde ... the sh*t they embalm bodies with) was a thing... maybe it was mixed with that. but yeah all speculation.

ETA I just googled and embalming fluid/wet is just a nickname for PCP but still... damn

Edited by beebeexx - Mar 02 2013 at 1:44pm
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:50pm
We are in contact with mentally ill people daily online and in real life . Many walk around without any signs , until they do something like shooting children in school . We need to fight for more funding. I have a mentally ill family member that refuse to take meds . The current laws give mentally ill people the right to refuse treatment until they kill or harm . I question the Law makers mental state .

Edited by india100 - Mar 02 2013 at 1:52pm
CuteNSweet View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote CuteNSweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 1:54pm
I don't know there are mentally ill people all around us. I doubt there are many people that don't know one. Schizophrenia/bi polar/ depression/ psychosis runs in my family. It's just a genetic thing on my moms side. There are lots of schizophrenics in my family spanning a few generations. We are crazy as hell!!!!!! Certified with papers for proof lol. We have everything from the kind that live normal lives, just weird but can take of themselves, the ones you see out on the streets and homeless (eventhough they have somewhere to go lol), the violent like what you speak of, to those like me who take meds everyday college educated professional and if I didn't tell u you'd never know. Really none of my friends or former co-workers know and ppl don't describe me as crazy or weird but I have to take pills.

He could honestly feel like ppl from his past are bad or even out to get him. Real mental illness creates behavior that doesn't make sense.   Sounds like something is wrong with him. Specifically it sounds like psychosis.
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 2:00pm
I have a friend who is bipolar  (like Kenya from RHOA)and she used to invite me to her house all the time. The sad part is that on the outside she appeared to have her sh!t together (very attractive, good job, expensive ass clothes), but she was nuttier than a fruitcake.

I try to avoid people like that because you don't know how to react and what to say or how to say it to avoid them from snapping. And quite frankly I am not as sensitive when it comes to mentally ill people (not children) attacking
others...

Back in the summer I had a random crackhead/schizophrenic attack me in the street and I had to humble that ass quickStern Smile. The same niccas that wasn't trying to help me was like "why you punch her, she's mentally ill, blah blah, blah". But not nan one of them tried to help me though, just stood back and laughed smh...

She's probably still roaming the streets right now and not getting any type of help.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 2:01pm
I have a friend from high school whom I believe to be mentally ill.  She claims to be depressed, but I seriously think it's much more than that.  When she IMs me or speaks over the phone, she hops from one topic to a totally different topic.  She speaks really fast and she has this habit of remembering events happening a totally different way from the way they actually happened.  I keep getting this feeling that there is something really "off" about her.  Now, she sells Avon, but it's almost as if she believes she is running her own business.  I really don't know what it is, but there is something not quite right about her.
zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 2:18pm
Thanks all. I am by no means close to my colleague (I mean I like her, we lunch together here and there when time permits)but I am really concerned for her. She was scared to go home. I tried reasoning with her that it's been years since she last saw this person and not to think about it, but she is frightened as this person appears to want to harm her. He is also very vocally abusive - he was loudly calling her a b!tch etc. could she report it? 

She says he is of absolute normal appearance and to a by-passer, it could look like two lovers fighting, so no one would intervene. 
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 02 2013 at 2:22pm
My cousin is bipolar and her mother doesn't leave the house...somethin' wrong with her too.

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic