Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Lace Front Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum Lockeddo you HAVE to wear a wig cap?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
missariguez View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: do you HAVE to wear a wig cap?
    Posted: Aug 16 2008 at 8:48am
due to medical reasons alot of my hair has fallen out, and is very thin....my bf bought me a lace wig about 2 weeks ago i tried it on and everything but i think a nude wig cap might make it look better. but i dont know how i can deal with a wig cap on my head, not being able to take it off for a couple of days....ive worn regular wigs before with the wig cap and all but i could take it off....do any of you just go with out a wig cap and have the part still look believable?my hairs nuthing but about and inch now, so wasnt sure if i had to wear one.........??????????
Sponsored Links

MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2008 at 9:00am
I am not wearing anything (on my head) underneath the l swiss lace and the part still looks good. Im not sure if you can go without a part trick underneath the lace on the french lace though. I am using Iman loose powder in deep earth for my current part. I will use an eye shadow applicator sponge and add a little bit of water or oil sheen to have the color stay put.

Edited by MzCaliky - Aug 16 2008 at 9:01am
Becky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2008 at 9:30am
I'm like MzCaliky.

I don't use a wig cap either  - I couldn't  bear it. Tongue

I keep my natural hair very short so it it lies down flat. For the 'part' I also use makeup with a thin applicator brush. I use MAC studio fix powder foundation dipped in water but I think I will try MzCaliky's oil sheen idea!

See avi.

Edited by Becky - Aug 16 2008 at 9:30am

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2008 at 9:46am
thank u ladies, i dunno nuthin about make-up...lol , guess ill have to get some help with that, but i think i will try that...dunno if i can deal with a wig cap
SONGBIRDSOUL View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2008 at 9:52am
I don't use a wig cap and I haven't had to do the make-up tricks on my units either (that could be luck on my part). As long as my knots are bleached I've never had to worry about it blending. I hate wig caps. I'm sure you will find something that will work for you. Also look in the newbie thread for tape tricks that cal also help with the natural look of a scalp or you can send ms. celie a pm and ask for her help.
NewHope View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2008 at 10:34am
i dont use a wig cap my scalp does all the work for me due too medical my hair is gone when i tried the caps and make up for some reason it made my aps look more unreal i guess i dont have that touch.  so i get more compliments without it.
asianiis View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2008 at 3:17pm
I wear a wig cap, but I'm a veteran wig cap wearer anyway, so I guess that I'm used to it. Khandii did something to one of her wigs, she sealed the knots and then she sprayed the Sally Hansen tan for legs spray and then sealed the knots again and she said that it made the scalp look believeable. I'm going to try that today. Currently I use Breh's method and you can't tell me this isn't growing out of my scalp...

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2008 at 9:52am
think ill try the make0up thing.....im scared to try all this stuff on my wigg i do not have money to buy another
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2008 at 10:02am
I don't use wig caps either because they hurt and make my edges thin even more and when I tried the make-up trick and Sally hansen trick my BF and mom told me it looked fake so I put that to rest. Everyone tells me that my part looks natural without the wig cap and both of my units are french lace. I wish I can master some of these tricksUnhappy
asianiis View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 18 2008 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by asianiis asianiis wrote:

I wear a wig cap, but I'm a veteran wig cap wearer anyway, so I guess that I'm used to it. Khandii did something to one of her wigs, she sealed the knots and then she sprayed the Sally Hansen tan for legs spray and then sealed the knots again and she said that it made the scalp look believeable. I'm going to try that today. Currently I use Breh's method and you can't tell me this isn't growing out of my scalp...

I did this last night on a Indian Virgin unit that I've been wearing....I can't take any pictures (camera is in the shop getting ready for the big trip) but it really does look like scalp and I don't have a cap on today. It was very easy to do. This is going to be my new method...

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic