Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Do YOU have a problem scalp

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
YaYaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do YOU have a problem scalp
    Posted: Apr 13 2013 at 9:57pm
I have psoriasis on my elbows, knees, and scalp. The only thing that helped my scalp was apple cider vinegar.  The back half of my scalp can be EXTREMELY itchy so much so that I will injure my scalp due to excessive scratching. I use a medicated spray by Taliyah Waajid that helps to relieve the itching. I recently treated my scalp to a mixture of bentonite, acv, water, peppermint, rosemary, and tea tree oil. The treatment was amazing and I followed it up 2 days later with another bentonite, acv, water, peppermint, rosemary, and tea tree oil treatment. My scalp feels so much better and doesn't itch at all.
Sponsored Links

thursdayschild View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thursdayschild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 12:16am
My dermatologist says I have seborreic dermatitis. I get sore spots on my scalp (which is why relaxers are a no go for me). I also get tiny blackheads on my scalp whenever there is any tension put on my hair (braids, weave, etc). 
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 4:55pm
I think I have seborrheic dermatitis. My dandruff is oily and doesn't flake off. The ACV rinses aren't working for me. I'm gonna try the salicylic acid astringent.

My head itches after reading this.
YaYaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 16 2013 at 6:26pm
I intend to make a sulfur mix and use it as an overnight prepoo. I am not a fan of overnight treatments they generally tend to make my itchy scalp worse but sulfur is supposed to be good to treat various skin issues so I will give it a try. I hoping a sulfur prepoo followed by the bentonite cleansing will lead to a "cure".
YaYaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 6:13pm
I started taking garlic pills and my scalp has not been itching. I haven't had the need to spray the Medicated Mist Bodifier yet, and I normally would use that spray almost daily.
mszwayne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mszwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 6:41pm
Ive been experiencing dandruff lately but i could be because of the cold or sew ins
tmarie1908 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tmarie1908 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2013 at 10:22am
I'm experiencing severe dryness, and dandruff, along my hairline. I've tried everything from moisturizers, shampoos,and conditioners....nothing seems to work. The bigger issue is that I have sew-in (horseshoe leave-out). Any recommendations?
YaYaStar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YaYaStar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 9:42am
Originally posted by texasmami0117 texasmami0117 wrote:

I think I have seborrheic dermatitis. My dandruff is oily and doesn't flake off. The ACV rinses aren't working for me. I'm gonna try the salicylic acid astringent.

My head itches after reading this.

How has the salicylic acid been working for you? I use acv but not as a rinse, I use it as a prepoo scalp treatment. I basically marinate my scalp and let it sit for several minutes then rinse and follow my normal wash routine.
I continue to feel and observe improvement in the condition of my scalp. (My issues are in my front hairline and nape) I start a sulfur mix this week. I am going to use it consistently for 30 days and see if there is any further improvement with my scalp.
G.B.is_here View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G.B.is_here Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2013 at 9:12am
Originally posted by YaYaStar YaYaStar wrote:

I have psoriasis on my elbows, knees, and scalp. The only thing that helped my scalp was apple cider vinegar.  The back half of my scalp can be EXTREMELY itchy so much so that I will injure my scalp due to excessive scratching. I use a medicated spray by Taliyah Waajid that helps to relieve the itching. I recently treated my scalp to a mixture of bentonite, acv, water, peppermint, rosemary, and tea tree oil. The treatment was amazing and I followed it up 2 days later with another bentonite, acv, water, peppermint, rosemary, and tea tree oil treatment. My scalp feels so much better and doesn't itch at all.

Hi YaYaStar! I'm so happy to hear you've had success with acv concerning your scalp. I'm curious if the acv has helped with your elbows and knees too. My bestie since grade school has mild plaque psoriasis. I'm telling her about acv and your bentonite recipe.
Kimla*10 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimla*10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 12:13pm
Hello all, Around Nov my temples started peeling, it peeled off like a 10 pence piece (a quarter). In December I went to visit parents on a Nato base in Germany where I got Sulfur 8. In Jan when I got back I got Dr Miracles temple + Nape balm plus 2 more Sulfur 8s. I have been using these ever since. The big flakes peeling has stopped but I still use the products along with Sulfur 8 shampoo. i went to my doctor who gave me Ketoconazole 2% shampoo. the temples still flaking and itching. this is doing my head in!Unhappy Any help anyone can give will be more than appreciated. :) kimSmile 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>