BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

do you have a male hair stylist?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 1:04pm
The last stylist who touched my hair was male. Wasn't happy with him though because his flamboyant fingers ended up sewing my weave too tight and I had to remove it after 2 weeks. Don't think that was entirely his fault though. My hair cannot deal with weave anymore, however loose.
Sponsored Links

goodm3 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote goodm3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 1:29pm
I did when i was growing up...and he was straight. He had to put a sign up in his salon about women trying to pay him with p*ssy and food stamps. lol... It didn't help that he was super fine in addition to being able to do hair. But he was a really stand up guy. He was about his business and giving back to the community. 

the wordage in the sign was very tasteful though. 

PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by BeatriceBean BeatriceBean wrote:

Men for hair and women for makeup. I like drag queen hair and feminine makeup so it works out perfectly.

Heart
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 2:17pm
I think it's kinda f*cked up people take men more seriously than women no matter what the industry. A female couldn't break into a male industry and just take over and get famous and demand respect and charge ludicrous prices. 
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

I think it's kinda f*cked up people take men more seriously than women no matter what the industry. A female couldn't break into a male industry and just take over and get famous and demand respect and charge ludicrous prices. 

Umm the men in the fashion/makeup industry are feminine so its not the same. There are more female hair stylist that are bomb than males. Some may stand out more than others because they put themselves out there. Monet Crochet ain't charging no kitchen basement prices.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 2:26pm
But yes I have let a man do my hair but he was white. This is when I was relaxed. I got his number through this girl I saw whose haircut was really nice and I wanted to get my hair cut to shoulder length. He cut my hair perfect but I felt he was rushing on my hair because I wanted a relaxer and he told me I didn't need one. I know what type of hair I have and what the f*ck I need. Then he and another girl blow dried my hair talmbout "You have a lot of hair!" I was like wtf, why do they need to people to blow dry someone's hair?Then flat ironed my hair when I preferred roller setting and wrapping. Then had the nerve to tell me both methods did the same thing. The he told some other girl that worked there to call some hair/beauty supply store and ask what time they closed and to tell them he could be there at 4:20. I was like 3:50. That shyt pissed me off. One thing you don't do is rush on a black woman's hair. I got one more relaxer six months after that (from someone else) and then I transitioned.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Umm the men in the fashion/makeup industry are feminine so its not the same. There are more female hair stylist that are bomb than males. Some may stand out more than others because they put themselves out there. Monet Crochet ain't charging no kitchen basement prices.

Yeah you right, I just feel like the relatively few men in the field are overly represented and command more respect than their female counterparts like just because they are a gay man they automatically know what they are doing. It should be about your skills, but I would still give a female stylist a chance and not assume the gay man is better just because we see them on TV.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 2:38pm
Women do tattoos and that's a male dominated industry.
Women barbers r the truth too.
Women dj's kill.

A guy does my hair, natural and weave. He's fine and straight. He said he started doing hair because a chick made $300 for a sew in in the time it took him to do like 10 haircuts lol.

He also does my make up and eye brows.

I don't mind women doing my hair. It just so happened that I met him at a time when I was trying to find someone who knew how to keep hair healthy and didn't charge as much as this beautiful black woman I was going to. She could really do hair and was quick too. My guy is super slow, but just as talented.
fckwitmeuknoigotit View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fckwitmeuknoigotit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 2:48pm
Originally posted by creole booty creole booty wrote:

Women do tattoos and that's a male dominated industry.
Women barbers r the truth too.
Women dj's kill.

A guy does my hair, natural and weave. He's fine and straight. He said he started doing hair because a chick made $300 for a sew in in the time it took him to do like 10 haircuts lol.

He also does my make up and eye brows.

I don't mind women doing my hair. It just so happened that I met him at a time when I was trying to find someone who knew how to keep hair healthy and didn't charge as much as this beautiful black woman I was going to. She could really do hair and was quick too. My guy is super slow, but just as talented.

i've gotten a tattoo from a woman and one of my barbers when i was growin up was a woman as well, may she rest in peace.

my cousin(male) is a barber but a lot of women come to him to get their eyebrows done.
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 05 2014 at 2:49pm
my bestie has had a male stylist for as long as I've known her (same stylist). He's straight too. Slow, late all the time, she has to wait  in his studio parking lot for hours sometime for her appts. But she loves him, clearly LOL.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic