Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Shape Me Perfect
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Do you have a chronic illness? Lets Chat.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Perfect Hair Collection

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 9:09pm
Fibroids
Periods are horrible cause they kick out my tampons like the they paying rent
Sponsored Links

MsBella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsBella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 9:38pm
Originally posted by maysay1 maysay1 wrote:

Originally posted by MsBella MsBella wrote:

I have lupus too. 
I've read that you can cure yourself by eating clean or raw and eliminating toxins from your body.
Soo Ive been taking baths once or twice a week with epsom salt (which gets rid of toxins)
Ive been eating clean, although I do cheat every once in a while. 
I work out at least 3 times a week.
I've been trying to switch over to natural products like lotions, shampoo, toothpaste, etc but its hard Cry
Pretty soon Im gonna do a detox.

I feel like its definitely helping because I don't have pain in my chest anymore. I was told I have a pleural effusion on my left lung which is basically fluid around/in your lung that causes severe chest pain and shortness of breath but I feel fine now. It may be because of the medicine but I didn't start to feel great until I started eating healthy. 

Thats really the only bad symptom I have, apart from the fact that its hard to go to sleep everyday and hairloss by my hair line. Ive been using Simplicity Hair Oil for that and Castor Oil but Im not sure its working.

Not to scare you, but make sure you monitor the pleural effusion. That's what put me in the hospital this last time. Thought I had pneumonia for a month (had 2 rounds of antibiotics for it). Ended up going to the emergency room because I was constantly coughing and couldn't catch my breath, felt like I was suffocating. They ended uphaving to drain my left lung, 500cc of fluid came out.

Whoa! Thanks for letting me know. Im gonna get an update on that during my next dr's visit. How long were you in the hospital?
Claudie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Claudie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 9:44pm
5 herniated L-S disks, type 2 diabetes, GERD, bilateral knee Osteoarthritis.

I cope with shots, medication, Glucosamine and Chondroitin, vitamins, low carbohydrate diet, massage, physical therapy, swimming.

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 17 2014 at 9:51pm
Originally posted by mzsophisticated mzsophisticated wrote:

Originally posted by Fcgriffin Fcgriffin wrote:

Mzsophisticated, are you vitamin d deficient? I swear it's an epidemic. Increasing my vitamin d and calcium had helped tremendously with energy levels

Omg yes i am i take 50,000iu once a week for a year now, my levels were like 17 back in April for vit D. My dr is trying to see if I am having a problem witj absorption because my levels cant get pass 23

Black people in colder climates are more susceptible to vitamin d deficiency I heard
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 1:48pm
Thank you all for posting. I'm learning a lot. I hope you all are having a comfy, pain free day today!

@india, I saw your post about possible chemo resources, if you have any for los angeles, please post them...I *think* I got good news this morning but it might fall through so any extra info is always helpful.

Josephuss View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Josephuss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 1:59pm
I have muscular dystrophy. not sure if that counts as a chronic disease, but it aint going anywhere so...

Edited by Josephuss - Jul 18 2014 at 2:41pm
eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 2:24pm
asthma and chronic vitamin d deficient
idk if the vit d def is a chronic condition but its looking like ill always have to take 50k IUs weekly for life

when i was diagnosed back in 2012 my levels were at 6.
I had terrible muscle/bone aches and severe fatigue, i couldnt hold my toothbrush to brush my teeth

just got my blood work back last week and my levels are at 15 but some of that is my fault because i hate taking pills...
maysay1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote maysay1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

asthma and chronic vitamin d deficient
idk if the vit d def is a chronic condition but its looking like ill always have to take 50k IUs weekly for life

when i was diagnosed back in 2012 my levels were at 6.
I had terrible muscle/bone aches and severe fatigue, i couldnt hold my toothbrush to brush my teeth

just got my blood work back last week and my levels are at 15 but some of that is my fault because i hate taking pills...

I take 10k IU's a day. My levels were at 7. I have to check my latest reports but it's hard for me to keep my vit d levels up because of all my other issues.

If you don't like the pills, you might try vit d gummies. I got sour lemon ones from whole foods that were yummy. And I didn't have to feel bad about eating candy.
bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 2:38pm

myofascial pain syndrome

Osteoarthritis

Fibromyalgia

peripheral neuropathy

Restless Leg Syndrome (coupled with insomnia)

anemia

High blood pressure

Vitamin D Deficiency

…and a host of mental issues (PTSD, BP, PPD, OCD)…but i’m stable, medicated and becoming more active physically which helps a great deal with the chronic pain, it also allows me to socialize with people which helps me work through some of the mental issues.

i’m trying to eat healthier as well, especially now with the HBP, its hard though…i’m not about that quinoa/kale life, i Heart pork LOL

bg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote bg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2014 at 2:38pm

i don’t care about sharing this kind of stuff, its real life and maybe talking about it can help others see they are not alone or give them some ideas to cope

whoever tries to throw health issues in someones face as a ‘haha gotcha bitch’ is the one with the REAL problem…Confused

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Blushing Bundles
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
Next Hair Extensions