Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Do you have a black name or a white name?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2728293031 42>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 2.60  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Missvw View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Missvw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 3:32am
Neither, my name is Indian
Sponsored Links

beautiful_hair View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautiful_hair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 3:33am
White name.  I've only met 2 other black girls with my name and an actress' daughter has my name, but she's damn near white, so i don't know.
Becky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Becky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 4:06am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I don't think ppl started getting crazy with names until this generation and the one before it,
I know why they wanted to be creative but geez.

My parents have English names and I'm glad they showed restraint with their daughters

Correct! I love my name!

When I was a kid there was the whole 'Black Power' movement so people started naming their children African names. That was nice actually.Clap

But ... umm then I think they ran out of such names or whatever because then they started making up names for their children. Just pulled them out of the air and that's how it got to the point that it is today. Confused Alll these peculiar names ... that are immediately recognized as 'Black names'. DUH!Shocked

I think people can name their kids anything they want. Didn't that movie star name her kid 'Apple'?
Wink And even some non Black people are named - 'Black names'.

However, when you name someone a typical Black name in America (with alll the racial problems) they have to carry that name ... the rest of their lives and that's not so nice. Shocked  

Everytime he sends in his Resume or applies for a Mortgage .. you name it .. people will guess that he is Black so if they want to discriminate against him etc .. well, now they can do so without anyone knowing.

I hate to state the obvious .. but this can sc*** you IMO.

I'd rather the child be name a typical American name or an ambiguous name like Tyra or Cher or even Apple but Keisha? Nooo. Not meaning to offend but these kind of names .. kindof 'precede' a person their whole lives. Ouch

Edited by Becky - Nov 15 2012 at 4:11am
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 4:09am
I'm trying to figure out why making up names and words is such a bad thing.....that's how language is created.
All they have to do is give the names meaning and it's all good with me.
OrriannaRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrriannaRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 4:36am

Latin/Russian. Tongue

HeyBeautiful18 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HeyBeautiful18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 5:13am
its kinda a white name
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 5:28am
Originally posted by Hello! Tsuki Hello! Tsuki wrote:

My name is Aris (air-is). It happens to be a common Greek boys name. Some Indonesian guys have it, too. I like my name because it's unique (in the US) and people always tell me how pretty think it is. :)

beautiful name and it fits you.
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 5:37am
My name is common with Asians and a few white girls. So many girls in high school had my name. I never met a black girl with my name, but I meet black girls with a different version of my name. I get called a lot by the different version of my name so often that it has become a nickname for me by my mom since she thinks it's funny that people can't get my name right even though it is so easy.

I like my middle name. It's Nigerian.
starflower7 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote starflower7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 5:41am
Originally posted by Midna Midna wrote:

http://forum.blackhairmedia.com/trademark-my-name_topic313431_page1.html

There are some really catty, pack-minded women that post here.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 15 2012 at 5:48am
summary?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style