BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Do you give a 2 Weeks Notice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:25am

I wonder what my contract says now lol

I know folks have given two to three weeks notice here
Sponsored Links

Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:35am
Originally posted by sache1991 sache1991 wrote:

...do you give a two weeks notice? If so when?

I usually give it the day I want to quit after I got my most recent check...in the past the employer will ask if I want to leave sooner.

I just thinking about this...my friend works as a bank teller and she gave hers on payday and they took back her check with the account she had with themShocked
ConfusedConfused 
Addicted19034 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Addicted19034 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:38am
I've never quit a job
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 8:39am
I thought ins ome states is illegal for them to ask you to leave after u turn in your 2 week notice and they have to pay you for the two weeks then
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:16am
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Minimum 3 months

yeah I could see that.
in some positions , only giving 2 wks notice will get you shot LOL. Folks get mad when you don't give them time to find a good replacement; also they want you to assist in training.

When I got pregnant and started to show, my employers saw the writing on the wall, so they really couldn't say nothing but say come back later when the baby is 1 y/oLOL  Did train my replacement.  Never came back, however.
iSMILE13 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iSMILE13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:19am
I want to give a 2 weeks notice but now employers want you to start immediately. It sucks b/c I want the new job but I don't want to burn bridges with the old job
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:21am
no i've never needed to. things always come up where i just have to leave....but um...yeah i wish somebody would try to take my check back...i dont even wanna think about what will happen...lol..
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:29am
Isn't that illegal taking a paycheck back?  must be more to the story. Maybe her money came up short in her drawer and they docked her for it...

Edited by Tbaby - Feb 05 2013 at 9:30am
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 11:37am
For the most part, I do. In the event that I can't, I try to give them at least a week/week and a half notice.

I was always told that it's the right thing to do. You never want to burn any bridges and you don't know if, for whatever reason, you'll have to come back or call on them for something. Also, if you use them as a reference, you would want them to say positive things about you.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 11:42am
Whats the point of giving a 2week notice if ur going to quit that same dayLOL

Ive given a two week notice usually a month or so in advance.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456>