BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Do you give a 2 Weeks Notice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Mz. Mocha View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mz. Mocha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:32pm
I gave my two weeks notice before and was told to leave the same day LOL
Sponsored Links

OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:37pm
not in my line of work with all this non-compete bullshyt
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:42pm
wait but how did they take her paycheck? didn't she already work those hours? Or am I reading wrong
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:53pm
3 mths per my contract...
acaraway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acaraway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 10:06pm
I didn't at my last job, but that was because they never scheduled me and I hated those mothers anyway....

I have a much better job now, and when I need to leave my current job my boss will know months ahead of time.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 10:08pm
If I want to start right away lol
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 10:48pm
Originally posted by sache1991 sache1991 wrote:

...do you give a two weeks notice? If so when?

I usually give it the day I want to quit after I got my most recent check...in the past the employer will ask if I want to leave sooner.

I just thinking about this...my friend works as a bank teller and she gave hers on payday and they took back her check with the account she had with them! Shocked

Isn't that illegal?

I know that here, it is completely illegal and as a matter of fact, if an employer wants to get rid of you before 30 days, they have to pay you 30 days salary as compensation.
Allure. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allure. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 10:49pm
I tried to, but they found out I was going to a competitor and let me go the day after I put in my notice
juniordetective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juniordetective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 10:50pm
I give 2 weeks. I gave two weeks at my last job and my manager said that he was glad that I did that, he would let me go a week early and he will give good recommendations. My job before that, I quit in the middle of my shift because the manager was a major dick.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 2:39am
Originally posted by PurpleHaze PurpleHaze wrote:

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Minimum 3 months

yeah I could see that.
in some positions , only giving 2 wks notice will get you shot LOL. Folks get mad when you don't give them time to find a good replacement; also they want you to assist in training.
yup

id have to assisst in finding my replacement but before that, they have a right to refuse and tag on an extra 4 weeks

the only way to circumvent this additional 4 weeks is to give informal notice at least a couple of weeks before your 'official notification of intent to leave' is handed in

the cost of temporary staffing is ridiculous

i dont blame them

Edited by afrokock - Feb 05 2013 at 2:40am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair