Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Do you give a 2 Weeks Notice?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 2:55pm
Minimum 3 months

Sponsored Links

EasterBell View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote EasterBell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 2:55pm
I always give two weeks notices.. Soon as I find out I got another job, I hand in my notice.
I try not to burn my bridges. Have no idea who knows who, or if I will ever need that person again in the future.

Edited by EasterBell - Feb 04 2013 at 2:56pm
sistagal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sistagal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 3:44pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Is it always possible to give two weeks notice though ?

Yes. All the jobs I know ask about a notice you need to give before you can leave/start at the new one
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 3:46pm
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

Is it always possible to give two weeks notice though ?

I think so...

what circumstances are you thinking of?  
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

Minimum 3 months

yeah I could see that.
in some positions , only giving 2 wks notice will get you shot LOL. Folks get mad when you don't give them time to find a good replacement; also they want you to assist in training.

Edited by PurpleHaze - Feb 04 2013 at 4:17pm
Yardgirl View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Yardgirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 4:01pm
I'd need to give a full 4 weeks notice here.
modelbusiness82 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote modelbusiness82 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 6:12pm
I think it depends on your relationship with your work & boss/supervisor.

For most of my post college jobs, I've given at least 2 weeks notice because I had a great relationship with my boss and it was the right thing to do. And in some cases I'm still pretty social with former colleagues/bosses, so the common courtesy was definitely a good thing to do.

At my last job before I started my own business, my boss was an a-hole to the 10th power. I intended to give 2weeks notice but he was such a jerk, I told him I quit and left minutes after (and it was only 10AM when I gave my notice lol). I knew I never wanted to work in that segment of marketing and that this guy would never give anyone a good recommendation, so it was a bridge I didn't mind burning.

So, I would say, if you can do so, and have been on good terms with your work, you should do so. It's common courtesy, and depending on the industry, it's a small world and you never know when you may want the recommendation/etc.
Spokenword View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spokenword Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 8:52pm
I have the type of job that I would need to at least give them between a 2-3 month notice. I wouldn't set them up to provide anything less, unless I found the job of my dreams and couldn't hold off. Even then, if it was local, I would see if I can overlap to train the new person coming in and transfer over all contacts.

Other that that, I would give at least two weeks (if you can) to provide them time to prepare for your departure and you can leave on good terms.

Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 8:59pm
Yes, you should give the standard 2 weeks if it more than a job and/or you hope to use someone as a reference.
r0ck_starr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r0ck_starr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:09pm
I gave two weeks on my last job but got so annoyed that I left after a week and two days. Eff them. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic