BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Do you feel that the title Doctor should be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stardaqueenb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote stardaqueenb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

no, i have no problem calling a phd Dr

i do have a problem with these PAs etc walking around in white coats
Really? both nurses and PAs wear white coats around my way. Basically everyone with a BS or higher in the hospital has on a white coat in NY .
Sponsored Links

Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 7:41pm
No I don't think it should be reserved

On a side note, there's a story at my job that a new ph.d holder corrected the MD she works beneath in order to tell her "its DR" when the MD was calling her her first name. Lol, I don't like the ph.d, so the fact that the MD still calls her by her first name tickles me.

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 7:45pm
i only call MD's doctors, everyone else i say has a doctorate. 
sole exception is if I need to say Ms./ Mr. ___lastname__
 and I know the person has a PhD, i call them Dr. __lastname__

i don't know what's right or wrong it's just what i do.
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 8:13pm
One of my white female friends on Facebook was going in about her sons dr. She said, "u don't have a right to b an asshole just because u have a phd." And I wanted so badly to say, "actually, medical doctors have md's." but since the post was about her child, and I like her, I didn't say that.

I think people with higher education deserve fancy titles. Doesn't bother me.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by stardaqueenb23 stardaqueenb23 wrote:

Originally posted by SoutherNtellect SoutherNtellect wrote:

no, i have no problem calling a phd Dr

i do have a problem with these PAs etc walking around in white coats
Really? both nurses and PAs wear white coats around my way. Basically everyone with a BS or higher in the hospital has on a white coat in NY .

really? i've never seen a nurse in white coat
i guess when you get your white coat ceremony, its more understandable 

it's bad enough patients don't always know the difference between the short white coat and the long white coat. then don't add a lab coat to the mix. lawd
AshBash89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 8:46pm
I've seen PAs and NPs in white coats.  I don't care what they wear or what they are referred to as long as they help me.  Hell, I call people without degrees doctor, starting with Dr. Mattie Moss-Clark, Dr. J, Dr. Dre, Dr. Roxanne Shante, Doc Mcstuffins etc...

Edited by AshBash89 - Sep 04 2013 at 8:56pm
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 9:03pm
Doc mcstuffins IS a dr!
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 10:43pm
You didn't call all your professors in college Dr. XYZ?
LilMissSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote LilMissSunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2013 at 10:59pm
LOL @ Doctor McStuffins. Technically PhDs had the title of doctor first. I didn't call my professors doctor, because most of them didn't like the title and it made them think of physicians.
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2013 at 1:38am
I call PAs and NPs doctors just out of respect, but I know they don't hold a doctorate. My children's dad is a MD, but doesn't trip off his title. He says "call me whatever you like, just as long as you pay me!"

Edited by shantel75 - Sep 05 2013 at 1:40am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>