Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do you ever get used to people noticing your hair?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedDo you ever get used to people noticing your hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
UrbanDoll View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you ever get used to people noticing your hair?
    Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 8:41pm
i took a break from lacefront mainly because it seems that no matter how on point my application is or how natural the hair is(ive spent up to $600 for lacefronts with the most natural hairlines)..i still always get "women" never men...who only talk to me to look at my hair and my hairline. i had been wearing lacefronts for two years and I have never gotten comfortable with this at all. it gave me major anxiety and a bit of a compulsive disorder to where i spent too much time trying to perfect my lacefront.

i cant stand a person staring at my hair all the time. its weird. i mean everybody is wearing weaves/wigs/what's the big deal? what makes it so bad is that they never give it a rest and stop doing. one lady used to catch me and talk to me about nothing while she just stared at my hair. sometimes id catch her taking glimpes a lot when i wasn't looking. i cant live my life like this. i did have one lady say that she liked me because of my "hair" and was always admiring it. i dont want to be liked for my hair especially if it isnt mine

i stopped wearing them and wore a medium length hairdo and nobody cared what was on my head. i felt normal. it seems that the minute your hair is past shoulder length and it looks natural you get weird women who just want to stare down your scalp
Sponsored Links

hennared View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 9:28pm
Well, I sure hear you.  I am wearing FLW because of hairloss.  My hair was long (well still is what's left of it), and when I started wearing hair, I did buy hair a bit longer than my own hair.  At that time, I was working with this one older woman.. with thinning hair herself.  I swear, she just got totallly WACKO around me after I started wearing hair.  And I wore it contained, neat, braided... not in her face, you know?   Anyhow, being I am wearing them for a good reason, I am REALLLLY sensitive to being 'known' and I hate worrying about it.  I agree, why do people care, anyway?  I don't want to care what 'they' think, but it can impact your life, esp. with people you work with. 

I'll say this - before I started looking into wearing hair for myself, I had NO CLUE about lace wigs and never would have thought anyone was wearing one.. so maybe most of the 'noticers' are wearers, too Wink

RedWine View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 9:35pm
Wow no one ever looks at my hair like that. They look, but not at my hairline... Maybe I just didn't notice. I can see how uncomfortable that could make you.

I feel you Doll about not wanting to be liked for your hair. I do have men stepping to me a lot and saying I have pretty hair. It does make me feel strange. It kind of pisses me off. So if my hair wasnt like this they would not be coming over to say Hi.
Qute05 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 9:41pm
Today I had someone say that's not all your hair.. I don't ever see any scalp... Cry I was like dang please get up out mines.. I just don't normally make major parts, because I rock my KC as a fro.. but I almost feel obliged to do so now.... not that I will.... but still...

Edited by Qute05 - Aug 05 2010 at 9:42pm
KittenWhip View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 9:45pm
I work with some really noisy people who would stare in my mouth to check out my teeth if they could...  Wait a minute, when I had my teeth whitened, they DID stare in my mouth...

But I agree, I can't get used to people staring at my hair.  I too am suffering from some mild hair loss thanks to genetics and 10 years of wearing braids that were too tight.  While my hair is sloooowly coming back, I liked having the length.  My unit is longer than my natural hair, but that's not really the point.  I have people (women) who NEVER speak to me all up in the kool-aid, don't know the flavor!  One woman makes it a habit to walk by my office (she never has any business to conduct on my floor) just so she can tell me I look tired and stare at my hair.

Don't folks have any home training?
hennared View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 10:30pm
LOL, nope, some people have NO home training!!!

honniecake View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 10:43pm
^^ GET OUTTA HERE....

Hun, don't let other people influence you on what you should do, do what you wanna do. I'm sure you're a grown woman..you aint got no time to  let someone steal your shine.

Let em be nosy..itll bleed. :)

Ivy_Grad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 11:31pm
Ahh yes I would have a lot of people staring soo hard in the past trying to figure what was up.  The stares lessened up when I switched to a coarser texture.  I still wore my hair past BSL so yeah still got some stares.  As lfs became more mainstream the fear of folks noticing grids or looking for them got to me.  Finally I was like f- this I have to switch it up!  I opted to try something other than my typical side part with hair behind my ears.  For the past few months I have begun wearing my lf behind my hairline and rocking a head band, I essentially turned it into a half wig.  In the past week I have taken it a step further.  I part the front of my hair and the back of my hair and have converted it into a quick weave ponytail LOL.  Love it, wish I thought of it sooner.  This only works because the KS texture matches my relaxed hair to a T.  When I want to wear parts I wear my lf with none of my hair left out.  If I want to wear my hair down and brushed back then I wear it behind my hairline. 
Ivy_Grad View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 11:32pm
Also no one checks for me anymore because I don't wear my hair hype styled ie like Kim Kardashian and company every day.  I figure that would make me look too suspicious.   
Babykittyjade View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 05 2010 at 11:45pm
I have too many stories and I agree with all of you. I find it VERY uncomfortable and annoying I started covering it up with hats and headbands and now I feel alot more relaxed! Even though some people still try to stare through my headband like they have Xray vision lol
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic