Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedDo you consider Mixed people Black ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 40>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
DEE-DEE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2004 at 8:12pm
AND IT REALLY IS ..... I CAN ONLY SPEAK FOR MYSELF. AND I DON'T CARE ABOUT SOMEONES COLOR, RACE , OR CULTURE. I HATE TO SAY IT THAT WAY. I JUST EXCEPT EVERYONE FOR WHO THEY ARE. IT'S NOT ABOUT SOMEONE BEING HALF THIS & HALF THAT. I THOUGHT IT WAS ABOUT WHAT YOU HAVE IN YOUR HEART.
Sponsored Links

weaveitup^_^ View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2004 at 4:52am
yeah, but what your cultural backround is can also shape your character  and personality.
bttrflysky View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2004 at 11:32am
Wow this is a very interesting discussion.  I never realized so many of those celebrities were mixed. What is Colin Powell mixed with?? He considers himself black, he told us he was Jamaican. In my opinion it doesn't really matter what they are, we should embrace all colors, races, and cultures. I think that its great that Valtyn celebrates both of her cultures, most of my mixed friends only identify with one of theirs. 
DEE-DEE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2004 at 12:16pm
THIS IS A TOPIC THAT IS NEVER GOING TO BE SETTLED. SORRY... IF WERE FRIENDS AT 15 AND YOU HAVE 3 DIFFERENT CULTURAL BACK ROUNDS. AND AT 22 YOU FIND OUT THAT YOU HAVE 5 DIFFERENT MORE. TO ME YOUR STILL GOING TO BE THE SAME PERSON THAT YOU WERE AT 15. I DON'T FEEL I NEED TO KNOW SOMEONES CULTUAL BACK ROUND TO FEEL OUT SOMEONE'S PERSONALITY. I JUST EXCEPT PEOPLE FOR WHO THEY ARE. AND THAT'S ENOUGH FOR ME....
keewee23 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2004 at 1:56pm
dee-dee, you got it going on girl!!!
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2004 at 2:04pm

what i meant was, different cultures have different ways of doing things. my dad is trinidadian so he is really strict on girls, so that shapes how i react to certain freedoms, my mom is guyanese so she pounds the traditions into my head which end up in my overall character.

if you look at germany today..it is a much more respectable society that americas. you dont see little girls telling their parents to "shove it" over there b/c its not accepted AT ALL. (its not really here, but its tolerated alot better)

DEE-DEE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2004 at 5:00pm
WEAVE, BABY SIS ... I FEEL WHERE YOUR COMING FROM. I REALLY DO. I RESPECT YOU 100%. AND I AGREE WITH YOU, DIFFERENT CULTURES HAVE DIFFERENT WAYS OF DOING THINGS.   SO THE ONLY WAY I CAN EXPLAIN IT IS. THE WAY I WAS RAISED WAS NOT TO SEE COLOR, BUT TO SEE WHAT'S WITH IN. IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE WHEN I LOOKED AT YOUR HAIR PAGE, I DIDN'T LOOK AT YOU AS A BLACK WOMAN. BUT AS A VERY PRETTY FEMALE. THAT HAS VERY STRONG VIEWS, AND THATS A COOL PERSON. AND THAT WAS ENOUGH FOR ME. SO I GUESS MY ANSWER IS --- IT'S WHAT'S IN YOUR HEART & WHAT YOU SEE WHEN YOU LOOK IN THE MIRROR.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 31 2004 at 8:48pm
thats great, who you are inside really overrides what you look like on the outside
michelle_del View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2004 at 3:24pm
No, because if you have light brown skin and caucasian hair you can't say that you are black. I believe you should say i am mixed
Jalika04 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2004 at 5:01pm

MICHELLE I THINK WHAT YOUR SAYING IS NOT TRUE BECAUSE LENA HORNE (FAMOUS JAZZ SINGER) WAS MIXED SHE WAS LIGHT HAD SHE HAD CAUCASIAN HAIR AND SHE IS ALWAYS METIONED IN TOPICS OF BLACK HISTORY AS THE FIRST BLACK FEMALE STAR AND AS ONE OF THE MOST POPULAR BLACK ENTERTAINERS IN THE 20TH CENTURY...BILLIE HOLIDAY ( FAMOUS JAZZ SINGER) WAS ALSO LIGHT I'M NOT SURE OF HER HAIR TEXTURE BUT SHE IS CONSIDERED BLACK , MARIAH CAREY IS VERY LIGHT AND HAS CULRY HAIR (WICH LOTS OF WHITE HAVE) AND SHE IS CONSIDERED BLACK , ALICIA KEYS IS ALSO LIGHT AND HAS CULRY HAIR AND SHE IS CONSIDERED BLACK , FAITH EVANS IS VERY LIGHT AND I'M NOT SURE OF HER HAIR TEXTURE BUT SHE STILL CONSIDERED BLACK, MYA IS ALSO LIGHT AND HAS CURLY HAIR , MISS AMERICA 2003 ERIKA HAROLD IS MIXED SHE'S LIGHT AND HAS WHAT IS CALLED "CAUCASIAN HAIR" YET SHE IS STILL CALLED BLACK IN SEVERAL MAGAZINE ARTICLES THAT I HAVE READ, THEY'RE CONSIDERED BLACK LOTS OF THESE PEOPLE JUST MENTIONED HAVE CURLY OR WAVY HAIR WICH LOTS OF WHITE PEOPLE HAVE LETS NOT GET CONFUSED ASIANS ARE THE ONES WHO USUALLY HAVE STRAIGHT HAIR WHITE PEOPLE RARELY HAVE NATURALLY STRAIGHT HAIR.....IT DOESN'T MAKE SENSE THAT WHEN SOME ONE IS LIGHT SKINNED (LIKE MYA ,ALICIA KEYS OR MARIAH CAREY)AND HAS STRAIGHT HAIR YOU CONSIDER THEM WHITE WHEN THEIR SKIN ISN'T WHITE THEIR FACIAL FEATURES AREN'T WHITE COME ON THAT'S RIDICULOUS YOUR JUST THROWING THEM OUT OF THE THEIR RACE BY CALLING THEM WHITE AND THAT'S WRONG

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 40>
  Share Topic