Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Entice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you clarify your weave?
    Posted: Sep 30 2007 at 7:30pm
I'm wearing my natural body in the curly/wavy state and I was wondering if doing a clarifying wash would make my waves pop out more since I'm using liquid gel in it daily.  Does a clarifying wash make the curls/waves more defined?
Sponsored Links

koffeebrown View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 30 2007 at 10:27pm
yep! Do a clarify, moisturizing conditioner and yoru product and u will be amazed. I really like to wash daily because the hair looks so much btr on a fresh wash. Not recommending daily washings tho
havilland View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2007 at 6:06am
i clarify with tresemme deep cleansing shampoo every other week....it's gentle and removes the build up.

i love the way the curls pop after.  i have used it weekly too.  i doesn't strip my own hair either.  it's a really nice product.
dymples View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2007 at 10:15am
When i was wearing my nature girl in the summer, i would clarify every week with a lemon juice and water rinse. Mainly becaue i was doing alot of swimming and DivaV suggested a clarifying shampoo. I tried this and it worked well. I got the recipe from Motowngirl.com. It helped with the product build up and it kept my install hair very curly. It also helped my scalp feel cleaner too. here is the link to the recipe.  There are some other good recipes too.

SenatorCaroline View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2007 at 10:33am
For washing I use the clear Pantene Clarifying Shampoo...I think it makes my curls pop more.  And gets rid of all the pollution and gets rid of the gunk.

Entice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2007 at 10:44am

Thanks for the recipe..would it be okay to clarify my wagman every week to get rid of all the product/gunk or would that strip the hair?  How about doing one clarifying shampoo followed by CON shampoo and conditioner?

SenatorCaroline View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2007 at 10:51am
Depends if you're gunking your hair everyday with some type of product it might be a good idea.  But if you're wearing the hair in its curly state you may only need to spritz the hair with water and do product every other day or just a few times a week.

Build up of product can give the hair a bird's nest effect after while, cause the hair to feel super sticky and could possibly cause breakouts!

When the hair feels super sticky, I say wash it
dymples View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2007 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Mimi84 Mimi84 wrote:

Thanks for the recipe..would it be okay to clarify my wagman every week to get rid of all the product/gunk or would that strip the hair?  How about doing one clarifying shampoo followed by CON shampoo and conditioner?

That might work. I did read that the rinse should only be used only once in a 2 week time period. the hair did feel "squeaky" clean and not dry. i hope thats not what "stripped" feels like. Confused Maybe every other week.
Entice View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2007 at 11:02am
Originally posted by SenatorCaroline SenatorCaroline wrote:

Depends if you're gunking your hair everyday with some type of product it might be a good idea.  But if you're wearing the hair in its curly state you may only need to spritz the hair with water and do product every other day or just a few times a week.

Build up of product can give the hair a bird's nest effect after while, cause the hair to feel super sticky and could possibly cause breakouts!

When the hair feels super sticky, I say wash it

Hmm I use my spray and Nexxus mixture in the morning and at night I do 4 double strand twists with my wet and wavy liquid gel.  I definitely gotta wash by the end of the week though..
PerfectBlending View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 01 2007 at 2:24pm
yup i def clarify my weaves.....especially when I know there is product build up...just make sure u condition afterwards
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic