Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

do you care if ppl know its a weave?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
iyawo814 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iyawo814 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2013 at 1:18pm
Don't be embarrassed because these days everybody were weaves.

When I first moved to Los Angeles it almost shocking that women of every nationality (Black, White, Mexican, Asian, etc) all had hair down to the crack of their ass Wink.
Sponsored Links

CaramelKittyKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CaramelKittyKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:32pm
Or you could just take your weave out & put in some cute cornrow or French braid type style so they can still see your scalp and you can still rock long extensions without your secret getting out. And also, there's nothing wrong with not wanting to tell people if your hair has extensions. It doesn't mean your insecure just because you don't want to tell other people your business! Smh. People are so invasive nowadays.
l2eVitalize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l2eVitalize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 6:52pm
Erm. People are too nosey today.
Now it all depends on how you feel.
Pull me to the side and ask.
Don't ask me infront of like 10-20 people..
ESPECIALLY! if you have their undivided attention..
That's a little embarrassing. Eventhough I wouldn't
care if people did or didn't know. Some people can
be loud on purpose and embarrase you just because
their jello.
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 10 2013 at 8:48pm
From a stylist point of view, yes. Everytime someone says "your hair is so pretty" I tell them it's a weave and give them my business card. 
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 5:38am
I don't care if people know its a weave or not as long as it looks great.

Anybody who thinks any less of someone because they wear weave has other issues with you...they just jumped on the first thing they could attack you about lol.

I wouldn't even value the opinion of someone who thinks they're better than someone who wears extensions. There are far better issues to worry yourself about.
l2eVitalize View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote l2eVitalize Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 9:48am
Originally posted by ShadyLady ShadyLady wrote:

I don't care if people know its a weave or not as long as it looks great.

Anybody who thinks any less of someone because they wear weave has other issues with you...they just jumped on the first thing they could attack you about lol.

I wouldn't even value the opinion of someone who thinks they're better than someone who wears extensions. There are far better issues to worry yourself about.
lydiela12 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lydiela12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 6:32am
I dont give a damnWink and most of my friends wear weaves nowadays
dani88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dani88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 8:40am
You shouldn't feel embarrassed at all. I've never understood the embarrassment some people feel about weave, wigs, and other extensions. Everyone wears them, and if they look good, who really cares if people know it's your hair or not.

Think of it as an accessory or enhancement. When you wear makeup, people KNOW that your looks are enhanced. Weaves are the same way, IMHO.
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 13 2013 at 2:04am
hmmm yes and no.  Of course I want my weave to look natural..clean install, nice texture, and length.  But if people are going to judge me or not..no I don't care.  Weaves should be fun and that's how you should look at it.  And if someone does try to ridicule you for wearing a weave use the good ole reverse psychology on themWink
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 14 2013 at 12:55am
I want ppl to think it's my hair. I try to wear coarser textures for this reason. however, I don't care if ppl know/find out that it's not. I'm disclose it's a wig/weave far more than I'm asked. They usually don't believe me until I show them.

But I see what the OP is taking about. Some chics will find pleasure in knowing it's a weave.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>