Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

do you care if ppl know its a weave?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Butta Cookie View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:53am
First who cares? I don't care if people know I rock a weave or not. Why??? Because they know how long my real hair is, I wear a weave as a protective style and I don't flat iron or curl my real hair.

This is something I never understood. People want to act like they don't have weave when they really do. What's the big secret? I understand not telling people what company the hair came from but frontin like those tracks sitting next to your scalp came out of your hair follicles. . .
Sponsored Links

cupcakeroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:55am
Originally posted by Butta Cookie Butta Cookie wrote:

First who cares? I don't care if people know I rock a weave or not. Why??? Because they know how long my real hair is, I wear a weave as a protective style and I don't flat iron or curl my real hair.

This is something I never understood. People want to act like they don't have weave when they really do. What's the big secret? I understand not telling people what company the hair came from but frontin like those tracks sitting next to your scalp came out of your hair follicles. . .
how people perceive you changes. men say they dont like weave yet they want women with naturally long hair. and in the past i've told women my hair was fake only for them to always talk about my 'weave' all the time as if it reduces my social status
SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:58am
Originally posted by cupcakeroad cupcakeroad wrote:

how people perceive you changes. men say they dont like weave yet they want women with naturally long hair. and in the past i've told women my hair was fake only for them to always talk about my 'weave' all the time as if it reduces my social status

You need better people in your circle.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 9:59am
Then you my dear sister need to find better men and some new woman friends.
SimplyPut View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SimplyPut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 10:00am
Honestly, people usually assess how much value you put on something and feed off of that. If you make them feel like keeping your weave a secret or that it's a big deal, then they'll draw extra attention to it. But if you don't think it's a big deal and act accordingly, they'll follow suit.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butta Cookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 10:03am
Are you (OP) insecure about wearing a weave or have you been talked about/embarrassed for wearing weave?

If you don't want to answer it's cool. Just asking.
theLANAshow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote theLANAshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 10:06am

You need new friends

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 10:09am

Are you (OP) insecure about wearing a weave or have you been talked about/embarrassed for wearing weave?

If you don't want to answer it's cool. Just asking.
yes. i have been embarassed in the past because i wear a weave.  on bad hair days they always call me out.  i always have women ask me "is that real" in front of a whole crowd even when its obvious it wasn't. i dont know why.
CourtneyLashay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CourtneyLashay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 10:12am

Originally posted by ms.blue ms.blue wrote:

In your case your secret will be out just because it is part of the program.   I don't think it will matter if you let a white, black , etc examine your scalp but let the person know that you are wearing a weave and would like that to be kept secret.
i'm so dreading this day. i dont want to tell her to keep it a secret because then it will seem like i have issues. i thought about changing my hairstyle but then i dont have time to do all of that

I don't want you to take this the wrong way but based off what you've been saying here it seems like you do have issues about wearing a weave, or at least about people finding out about it. I understand that you don't want to deal with questions or comments about your hair if people find out that it isn't yours but in the end why do you care what they think? If a person is so shallow as to treat you "differently" because you wear a weave then would you really want to deal with that person anyway? Don't let other people make you feel insecure about yourself. Nursing school won't last forever and if somebody in your class decides to act like a child and tell everyone you wear fake hair then who cares. You don't have to become bff with them.

And as far as men claiming they don't date women with weaves; they are liars. Most men who say that will still date a girl with weave or without despite their preference. I could care less if a man likes my weave or not I'm still gonna wear it and he can kick rocks if he can't handle it. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 06 2013 at 11:01am
i used to wear weaves that were more obvious that it wasn't real. and you get a lot of anti weave comments from all angles. less respect.   but when it looks more real people leave you alone until they found out its not yours
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>