Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do you agree with a woman filming her Abortion ?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Do you agree with a woman filming her Abortion ?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 6:48pm
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

That she knows how the human reproductive system works is not assumption or opinion. She works at a woman's clinic. She said she didn't use birth control. 

Yes, she also said because she knew about the complications of birth control, that she was afraid to use them.  So...educated about her body...still slipped up and got pregnant.  It happens. 

I'm not gonna argue but knowing better and not doing better is not slipping up. She made a choice. She knew what she was doing.

She was using whatever the rhythm method is called these days.  Which means that your assertion that she was doing this on purpose could be incorrect.  I was only talking about the intent behind the video.  i was not defending her or her decision.  She's done that herself.
Sponsored Links

liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 6:50pm
Okay I'm not going to argue. People just feel the way they feel.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 6:55pm
I'm honestly not trying to argue.  I'm not even bringing up how I personally feel.  I'm just presenting her perspective as she's expressed it. 
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 6:57pm
I understand but I think everyone has agenda. The agenda of pro-choicers (aka pro-abortion)--I'm not sure what that is yet. I just don't think it's right to take a human life all willy nilly and that's before all the politics is brought into it.

If you say what she did is okay that means you're negating the importance and uniqueness and potential of that human life and that's all it is to me. But I think pro choicers have other reasons.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 7:03pm
Originally posted by Wildfire Wildfire wrote:

Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

GYALLL WTF?! @ the bolded. DAMNNNNNNN at the underlined.

TBH the women who i know who have had an abortion or multiple abortions were right happy about it afterwards. NO regrets, vybz kartel style. AND it changed their perception of the process, the women who get them etc etc OF COURSE Diane mentioned it to them, cause they tend to be pro-life on they high horse looking down at the "dash weh belly" girls till they need(ed) one. Oh and it was 100% illegal, y'all lucky to have that legal ish.

Some parliamentarians are clamouring for changes though

I guess the irony is, there are no clinics, so nobody knows when a woman is about to get one. 

But the flip side of that is that the women who dont have money to go to good doctors and get the procedure done in air-conditioned state of the art offices end up drinking pepsi and phensic for DIY abortions, or getting botched abortions.

Yep, I agree, women should be free to terminate, depending on their situation. But i think after one abortion, you really shouldn't find yourself in a situation where you need multiple abortions. 

There are no publicized clinics but there are definately there. In the ghetto and uptown too.

WF eff pepsi and phensic, it's cytotec the ulcer medication that's running the place now just call your friendly black market pharmacist. Hell that's what some regular doctors give, my gyno despises the practice.

I dont think more than one makes you worse than than having one. There is no magic number. Have 20 i shall not judge, i'll sit with you and all but i may kick you in the throat for being dumb. Embarrassed

Nuh that me a talk about when i say govt member want it to be legal.Some parliamentarians are clamouring for changes though

This is why i say Jamaicans are hypocritical as a society. The culture allows cheating with multiple, aint sh*t , married partners is lax as fuqq on sexual education from the kids to the adults, sexual ignornace and myths abound and given all this they play holier-than-thou on the abortion legalisation. Plus they now they are being performed. When my doctor showed me he had done 3-4 before we came in at about noon the morning i nearly keeled over.

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 7:05pm
Liesnalibis, I'm pro-choice...choice being the key word, so I support your right to feel how you feel.  I will also support this woman in her decision to end her pregnancy on her terms.  I value life, but when looking at the options, my conscience tells me to give priority to the living, breathing individual.  That's just my set of values.  Yours are different, which is why this is still a deeply divisive issue.  We have different values, but that's okay.       

ETA: typos Dead

Edited by JasmineE02 - May 08 2014 at 7:10pm
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 7:14pm
Originally posted by JasmineE02 JasmineE02 wrote:

An abortion costs $400 on average and she'll need to drive an average of 30 miles away to get to a clinic.  It's a very impractical form of regular birth control.  

ETA:  She also got an IUD put in after the procedure. 

I read a booklet which used a number of studies to access to abortions were difficult for poorer women in the USA. It mentioned factors like distance from the clinic, access to transport, gathering funds, someone to watch the children etc etc which made them delay until it either couldnt be performed legally or the cost went up out of their reach. I had intended to make a thread here but i never checked the booklet out of the library. The info was late nineties early 2000s but i was blown not necessarily by what i stated before but other things it looked at. Of course i dont even know what section of the library it was in.OuchOuchOuchOuch

I consider abortion birth control in the literal meaning *shrugs* just not contraception. 

ITA an abortion is safer than a full term pregnancy. As with any choice in life some women think long and hard about it others make up their minds instantly, some regret it some dont, some take time to mourn but are happy with their choices. #dontcare I just love when some persons are pro life yet turn around and shame women for being unmarried mothers, or having a kid by an aint ish dude, or using the baby to trap the dude , or being a gold diggin heaux etc etc

india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 7:21pm

Okay I'm not going to argue. People just feel the way they feel.
Thank you . I listen to every word the woman spoke on DR .DREW . Abortion was her birth control method if you actually listen to her live interview . I have never judge a woman choice in topics , but this heffa is a exception due to her history . I have nothing left to debate or say . YES I AM PRO Life depending on the circumstance . Nothing to do with my nursing career or religion. My topic was simply to ask how members feel about her filming the abortion .

Edited by india100 - May 08 2014 at 7:22pm
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 7:25pm
My first impression is that it was tacky. But since I've been pregnant I've looked at birth videos, csection videos, breast feeding videos.. All things people consider "private matters"
I looked at them because no matter what people say it's like I want to see with my own eyes. If I ever wanted an abortion I think I would have searched for and watched her video too. I'm glad that it's out there.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2014 at 7:27pm
Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

My first impression is that it was tacky. But since I've been pregnant I've looked at birth videos, csection videos, breast feeding videos.. All things people consider "private matters"
I looked at them because no matter what people say it's like I want to see with my own eyes. If I ever wanted an abortion I think I would have searched for and watched her video too. I'm glad that it's out there.

Right.....just like people use to say sex education talk is a private matter until you realize.....people aren't getting the info they need in private......
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678 9>
  Share Topic