Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do yall still wear?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Teesweet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Teesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 9:34am
I always wore u-part wigs that I made myself. My leave-out was suffering no matter how much I took care of it. I needed to perfect the bleaching of the knots on my closures and after several attempts, I finally got it right. I sewed and took down my Filipino full closure wig about 4 different times (because of the caps) before I finally got it right and now.....it is the bomb.com, I love it!
Sponsored Links

Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 10:29am
Would you suggest using cheap BSS hair to make your first wig?

Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 11:22am
I haven't worn one since August. I went on vacay with my SO and a sew in is quicker to style for me. We were doing a lot of activities with his family and swimming/Atlantic City was on the agenda (I didn't get in that cold azz water),and I didn't want anyone having to wait for me any longer than they usually do.

I've been rocking that same sew in since early August, so it's beyond time to do something. lol..Still looks good though.

My $ is funny so I will likely do another U-Part, but sew it down, at least in the front. I want to try one of the weave caps one day, but it's always conflicting reviews on which one is better and bigger.

I usually sew the tracks onto a spandex cap and use a glue gun to attach the tracks closest to the u area and on the underside. I've used both the craft glue sticks and fusion glue sticks but the craft ones last longer.

I attempted an all fusion glue stick one before the sew in but that thing was so stiff, heavy and scratchy, I decided to do the sew in.(and for the reasons listed above).

Edited by Cream1970 - Dec 12 2013 at 11:23am
LaTreMagnifique View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LaTreMagnifique Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 11:29am
I wear both closure wigs and u/l parts. 

Since I'm natural, I prefer closure wigs especially for straighter/ silkier textures to keep heat off my natural hair. 

I haven't had a sew in since 2009 (unless you count sewing down a u/l part).

Edited by LaTreMagnifique - Dec 12 2013 at 11:29am
Cream1970 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Cream1970 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by LaTreMagnifique LaTreMagnifique wrote:

Since I'm natural, I prefer closure wigs especially for straighter/ silkier textures to keep heat off my natural hair. 

What vendor do you get your closures from?(inbox me please) I want to do a closure too but I don't want to be looking like Yandy on Love and Hip Hop.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 12 2013 at 8:51pm
Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

What vendor do you get your closures from?(inbox me please) I want to do a closure too but I don't want to be looking like Yandy on Love and Hip Hop.

Yandys "Unit" and I'm calling it a unit because some days it looks okay but last week it looked as f it was ready for takeoff like a plane n the runway.. . . I thought it was just a u part with her own hair out in the middle.
mzsophisticated View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzsophisticated Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2013 at 1:17pm
I wear closure wigs and custom lace fronts with the stretch cap and wefts in the back. I buy these awesome wigs caps off Aliexpress to make my closure wigs it's the same type of cap as the lacefront wigs. I like it because I can buy it for my size head since my cir is about 21.5 and dont have to worry about using clips or bobby pins
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2013 at 6:46pm
I make and wear closure wigs but I also still wear sew ins.
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 12:41am
Originally posted by Princess Grace Princess Grace wrote:

Originally posted by Cream1970 Cream1970 wrote:

Yandys "Unit" and I'm calling it a unit because some days it looks okay but last week it looked as f it was ready for takeoff like a plane n the runway.. . . I thought it was just a u part with her own hair out in the middle.

OOOMMMGGGG I thought I was the only one spotting that on the show.. your talking about the unit when she has her hair bone straight... I hate how the closure is installed.. you can clearly tell that it was a closure it was all lifting, and going back further and further.. I wanted to cry for her
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 21 2013 at 12:44am
I make and wear closure wigs now and I use combs don't sew it down.. I used to wear u part wigs but I am natural and I wanted to stop putting heat on my hair just to blend... but was to scared to wear closures.... but now since I got the technique kind of down to a science I love closure wigs. I don't even do sew ins no more.. haven't had one since March 2011
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>