Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
41 [85.42%]
7 [14.58%]
You can not vote in this poll

do we still use growth aids

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

Author
Lady Law86 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady Law86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2012 at 9:03am
Originally posted by chinadoll77 chinadoll77 wrote:

Eating right has been the best growth aid for me..

I have to agree...gotta start on the inside 
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2012 at 12:21pm
Eating right is great but that is only half of the battle. If a person is eating right, that does not mean they are getting all of the nutrients their body needs. And when the body is not getting all the right nutrients the body will use up the most important nutrients for our vital organs, and your hair and nails will get what is left over, if anything is left over. You can eat right, but not cook it right, so no matter how many veggies you are eating if you are cooking them, you are not getting the full nutrients, because you have cooked out the vitamins when you broil or steam your veggies. Also if you are eating right, but not washing your hair enough or keeping your hair combs cleaned on a weekly basis, then you can still catch a fungus even though you are eating right. You can be eating right and have high blood pressure or an autoimmune disease, these things will effect your hairs growth, no matter if you are eating right or not. So yes eating right is half the battle but add to that healthy techniques and sometimes products that assist you also. Remember not all vegetarians have long healthy hair, but many of them eat better than the average person.

Edited by Veemack - Sep 14 2012 at 12:23pm
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2012 at 6:58am
i bought the biotin, msm, garlic pills but used them for a week and  stopped, too lazy.
i'm gonna be serious and start again and see if i get any growth
moonglow_diva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote moonglow_diva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2013 at 12:44am
I don't use growth aids at least for growth. I do own MTG but the only time I use it is when I have a terrible case of the itchies. It takes care of the itchies. I don't use it often though.
Grace & Blessings,
~Moonglow
renee728 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renee728 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Veemack Veemack wrote:

Eating right is great but that is only half of the battle. If a person is eating right, that does not mean they are getting all of the nutrients their body needs. And when the body is not getting all the right nutrients the body will use up the most important nutrients for our vital organs, and your hair and nails will get what is left over, if anything is left over. You can eat right, but not cook it right, so no matter how many veggies you are eating if you are cooking them, you are not getting the full nutrients, because you have cooked out the vitamins when you broil or steam your veggies. Also if you are eating right, but not washing your hair enough or keeping your hair combs cleaned on a weekly basis, then you can still catch a fungus even though you are eating right. You can be eating right and have high blood pressure or an autoimmune disease, these things will effect your hairs growth, no matter if you are eating right or not. So yes eating right is half the battle but add to that healthy techniques and sometimes products that assist you also. Remember not all vegetarians have long healthy hair, but many of them eat better than the average person.

I agree!!! I have an autoimmune disease (thyroidism) and I take supplements to help with the balance of when I don't eat right and for when I do.
ClassicBeautee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ClassicBeautee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 26 2013 at 2:12am
I still use Megatek from time to time, but when I used it consistently mixed with sulfur and I believe olive oil I didn't experience any additional hair growth, but I agree with the above poster about having a healthy diet and added vitamins to supplement.
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 10:16am
I purchased Liquid Gold Green Magic.
Started applying it last night.

I like that it is more of a balm vs oil.. so I can control the application to my scalp much better.
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 3:01pm
If we consider diet and growth practices aren't we all using growth aids in one way or another then? I just started using a homemade sulfur oil and for the first time I'm seeing more growth. Aside from castor oil this is my first growth aid.
dOLLish. View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dOLLish. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2013 at 4:12pm
I do, however I use them inconsistently. In the past I've used Hair, Skin, and Nails and Hairfinity. I'm going to try MSM (and Vitamin C) and Biotin.
Certified*Baby View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Certified*Baby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 8:04am
I need to find out more about this liquid gold....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic