Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
darkbarbie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: do we still use growth aids
    Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 8:47am
If so which ones? I haven't seen anything on the boards abut growth aids I was just wondering
Sponsored Links

Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2012 at 12:40pm
Yes women still use growth aids.
Most people do not have success with growth aids because they are not consistent or they are using the wrong type of growth aid for their hair.
Example if your slow growth is not from the presence of a fungus, then using products such as: yeast cremes or MTG will not yield you any results.
So instead of jumping on the bandwagon, whenever new growth aid comes out, find the growth aid that suits your hair problem. This involves first trying to figure out why your hair is growing slow.

Edited by Veemack - Sep 04 2012 at 12:42pm
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 11:25am
Eating right has been the best growth aid for me..
La Belle Xpressions View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 05 2012 at 8:49pm
A daily dose of Biotin supplements will help.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 1:02pm
thanks i just ordered some beemine since if i remember correctly my hair liked sulphur in the past
NJoy View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 1:08pm
I'm starting back with sulfur.  I stopped using it regularly because I'm deep in a transition and didn't want to manipulate my hair.  But I'm 17 months post and at the point where I'm ready to BC so, what the heck.  Time to get back on my growth game. Thumbs Up
Queensheba View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 08 2012 at 3:57pm
i still do i use mn mixxed with mtg i have been alternating my mn mix to see how my hair likes it been using mn since jan
ilong2b View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 7:14pm
I still use oral and topical growth aids.  I have just began journalizing what I use so that I can monitor growth/improvement if any.   I take an arsenal of supplements, many for their potential to accelerate hair growth.  Additionally, I apply topical growth aids on my hair.   The disadvantage to this approach is not knowing which (if any) of the growth aids would be responsible for increased hair growth (if any).
Another consideration is that the various supplements may deliver other benefits to my body and health.  For example more energy, my skin is so soft, supple and clear - even I am amazed.  The multi-vitamin, pre-natal, biotin, or vitamin C could be responsible for my skin, or maybe all  combined.  Not to mention benefits which I may not even realize (fighting high blood pressure, fungus, bacteria, etc.  )
Another school of thought is: Could one supplement be  contraindicating (cancelling) one or more of the other supplements or their ingredients? 

I plan to take a more focused approach to taking supplements and using growth aids in the months to come.  I've already reduced my topical growth aid to one aid.  I will use this aid for 6 months and monitor progress.  If I don't see any, I will move to the next.  As far as oral growth aids the only supplement I will consider eliminating is the pre-natal vitamin.   It has overlap with my multi-vitamin.  But if it delivers a mineral, vitamin or amino acid that I'm not getting from something else.  It stays. 

The end goal is to have a well-thought out regimen (oral and topical) that will not vary from month to month.
breBR3bre View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2012 at 7:19pm
I was using Hairfinity and really liked it. Now I'm just using biotin, msm, folic acid and a multi-vitamin. I also have a bottle of Hair Trigger that I have yet to really try. For me I think oral growth aids make the most difference.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 12 2012 at 7:50pm
what is a waste of money?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic