Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do u drink around your child? Do u take your child
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do u drink around your child? Do u take your child

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 1:46pm
I think you guys are confusing drinking in moderation with drinking to the point of being a fall down drunk. That is a completely different issue. I didn't see full blown alcoholics around me growing up. Sure, grown ups would get together and get buzzed and talk sheit at times but no one would get white people sloshed (I personally feel some alcoholics have a genetic predisposition to it, I'm thinking of some of those Irish, for ex.). People need to know the difference for themselves. If it's to the point of alcoholism, it's best to never touch the drink. Attitudes about this are truly cultural, I guess people who come from latin influenced countries are just used to social drinking, it's part of the lifestyle.

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Feb 26 2014 at 1:53pm
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 1:51pm

I'm not confusing it

I know what I feel like when I am tipsy and even though I'm not falling down drunk I don't know how comfortable I would be if I was in that state and my child was around

this is all just me thinking out loud lol

like I said I never thought about it when I was tipsy or a bit past tipsy around other people's kids but when you have to think about your own sometimes your perspective changes

Edited by SamoneLenior - Feb 26 2014 at 1:54pm
creole booty View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote creole booty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 1:53pm
When they're babies, I don't recommend drinking. Too many random reasons to need to b sober. When they're able to talk and walk I think after they're sleep it's different.

That's just me.

I'm honestly trying to recall my parents being drunk and I can't. My stepfather is a different story, but I can't remember my mom or dad being drunk. Even when I was alone with alcohol I wouldn't touch it. I knew better.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

I'm not confusing it

I know what I feel like when I am tipsy
and even though I'm not falling down drunk I don't know how comfortable I
would be if I was in that state and my child was around

this is all just me thinking out loud lol

I said I never thought about when I was tipsy or a bit past tipsy
around other people's kids but when you have to think about your own
sometimes your perspective changes

It's all good, I guess you know your own personal tolerance to alcohol and you don't exceed it. For my part, I'm quite capable of being a little buzzed and still do what I need to do in case of an emergency involving a child. I don't engage in risky behaviour though, like driving or operating heavy machinery when buzzed. For ex, the French and the Italians drink all the time. Doesn't mean they're all alcoholics. It's about knowing your limits, like you do.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 2:00pm
I guess I'm surprised that people have such a taboo around it. It never even occurred to me. Goes to show you how strong cultural influences are.
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 2:04pm

like what if you have to take them to the ER and you are buzzed?

what if an emergency happens and EMTs arrive and you are buzzed?

lol these are the things I think about

I wouldn't care. my mind would be on the emergency.
SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 2:04pm

lexis83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lexis83 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 2:05pm
Question for those who do not drink around their kids. Do u have conversations about drinking with ur kids/ kids in your family? As in is it taboo to drink? Do u give drinking a bad connotation?
nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 2:06pm
Iiqour was the key reason I passed business law.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2014 at 2:07pm

If a child needs to go to the ER, I call the ambulance.
If an emergency arises and medical personnel have to show up, I won't be so sloshed that I can't function and answer questions.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>