Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do u drink around your child? Do u take your child
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Do u drink around your child? Do u take your child

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 2.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
thewonderfulwa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thewonderfulwa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 3:07pm
I drink in moderation around my kid there is no fun to be had drinking around kids anyway.
I don't take my son anywhere besides family events when alcohol will be served.
Sponsored Links

reesegurl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesegurl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 3:08pm
Never get drunk in front of my kids but I will have an occasional beer or two while at home. I have 6 kids and no babysitters lol sometimes I just need a little me drink to calm my nerves.
Star007 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Star007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

I keep a liter of white rum in my refrigerator + a bottle of Port + grenadine, and Margarita mix etc. After 7pm and a long stressful day at work...My son already knows what up. In the Caribbean culture we're not as uptight about drinking etc. But I would never get drunk infront of my son. Just a little buzzed, but its always behind closed doors

This.

We keep a few bottles at the house. and yes we do drink around our 5 year old. Not to the point of getting drunk though.
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 3:43pm
Unhappy, I will not let the devil ride my keyboard today
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 4:13pm
Nope. I also don't like to drink when kids are around period. I kinda weirds me out being at a function where there are drinks and kids running around.
Tbaby View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tbaby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

to functions where other adults may be drinking?

And by drink around your child I don't mean you get sh*tfaced

let's say you may get tipsy at most and you will not drive home

At big family gatherings there might be some beer around, but my relatives don't get drunk.  Alot of my relatives are pastors or elders at church so they know better.LOL

I like an occasional glass of wine after the kids go to bed.  I don't care to drink any alcohol around them.

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 6:45pm
Originally posted by naturesgift naturesgift wrote:

Originally posted by melikey melikey wrote:

I wonder if the taste for liquor is genetic. We're pretty liberal on our views on alcohol but no one in my immediate family drinks more than once or twice a year.
I think alcholisim is a learned behavior - 

i had a friend back in college who was weird about drinking and i never knew why. like we'd be out and the rest of us would have a cocktail and she would pass. well one day she actually decided to drink, and when she started drinking, she didn't stop at one, it's almost like she couldn't stop at one. she kept tossing them back till she was pissy drunk. she told me later she does that every time she drinks, that's why she just passes most of the time. i felt bad for her because i just couldn't imagine. i drink but i hate the feeling of being drunk. once i feel a buzz i stop, drunk is just not a good feeling to me. 

nitabug View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote nitabug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 7:22pm
I would
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 7:32pm
Never realized this was an issue until this thread. How very protestant.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 25 2014 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by JoliePoufiasse JoliePoufiasse wrote:

Originally posted by Majesty02 Majesty02 wrote:

I keep a liter of white rum in my refrigerator + a bottle of Port + grenadine, and Margarita mix etc. After 7pm and a long stressful day at work...My son already knows what up. In the Caribbean culture we're not as uptight about drinking etc. But I would never get drunk infront of my son. Just a little buzzed, but its always behind closed doors

You're right, it is a cultural thing. Didn't grow up around alcoholism or anything like that. But there would always be a bottle of something around. The children just knew not to touch it.
I'm not a hard liquor person but I enjoy my wine and cocktails.

Yes ma'am. There is pickny things and big people things and never the two shall meet. I never knew parents didnt drink around kids and that said practice was frowned upon till I came to BHM. Rum is a part of the culture, it's always around and has many uses i swear! Also and I say this all the time Jamaican teens dont scream, plot and scheme and carry on about rum and wanting to drink (our legal age is 18) like their American counterparts. Alcohol isn't on a pedestal for the kids outchere and we thankfully dont have the myriad of issues that come with it. Dont get me wrong kids still hide and drink and get drunk and all that jazz but it's like whatever. Smoking nowAngry

Even infants will get a tups of rum in warm milk (dont judge them y'all)

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 11>