Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do Relationships Really Need To Be A Lot Of Work?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Do Relationships Really Need To Be A Lot Of Work?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
PurplePhase View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by smaison smaison wrote:

no.
the minute it starts to feel like a second job is the minute i bounce. 

LOL
Sponsored Links

eanaj5 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eanaj5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 8:56pm

no.

yup
stress is a killaaaaaaa
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:14pm
Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

no.

yup
stress is a killaaaaaaa

word up! I suffered from high BP and anxiety from my last r/s.
Lonisha87 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lonisha87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

why do people say the first year is the hardest? Shouldn't that be the easiest year since you are newly married and still 'hot in love/lust?'

Everything that year runs high......lust passion and irritation.....for us thats the year we learned each other quirks and learned which battles weren't worth it.....and long relationship take some degree of mutual work imo......whether it be your bf or bff

I agree
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:36pm
I agree that issues come up that first year that once resolved won't come up again. I just don't think that would be the hardest year. What about year 15 when you've done everything and are maybe getting bored with the person. Year 27 when the body is changing and they don't look the same anymore and can't do things you used to enjoy. Year 45 when you are changing   bedpans?  lol

To me, those would be the 'hard years.'
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by trudawg trudawg wrote:

Originally posted by eanaj5 eanaj5 wrote:

no.

yup
stress is a killaaaaaaa

word up! I suffered from high BP and anxiety from my last r/s.

oh my. that's not good.

My nephew said he was having medical issues toward the end of his marriage. He was on hbp medication and some other medication (@age 30). After he moved out he said his doc said it was a miraculous recovery. He was taken off both meds soon after.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 10:05pm
 ok. Finally read the article/post (lol) and I'd say this is the gist:

<<It's a big risk to tell your beloved that you've found a deal-breaker in the midst of an established relationship. But consider the alternatives.

Does a relationship need to be a lot of work? Unless you're the type who likes to work on yourself and your relationship all the time, I say no.>>

I think relationships that are a lot of work can succeed if both people think relationships are a lot of work. If one thinks relationships should be easy and calm, that person will probably not be too happy and  bounce LOL because that's not their thing.

Edited by PurplePhase - Jan 18 2014 at 10:07pm
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 10:33pm
No and if you with the right person it won't be, I will not be changing so if there are things you don;t like I advise people to move on but I accept people at face value and If I don't like what I am facing then I'm out. No hard feelings.

Who has time to keep having these "talks" .
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurplePhase Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2014 at 11:04pm
so you're a bouncer too PG huh

LOL
Princess Grace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Princess Grace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2014 at 12:27am
Originally posted by PurplePhase PurplePhase wrote:

so you're a bouncer too PG huh

LOL

I am cold with the mess too, I act like they never existed. I don;t understand the thinking that after naming 7,876 things you don't like about a ninja WHY you think that he is the one and after he FIXES at least 7,000 of the things you don't like yall getting married.

Girl Bye. 

Every guy I have dated they THINK they will be the one who is going to change me LOLLOLLOL, so far Men 0 Grace stay winning.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 6>
  Share Topic