Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedDo people still use Netflix?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
kandi*tess View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:18pm
I have netflix, they recently launched in the UK so they're still in their free trial period stage. I don't think I would pay for it though.

I only stream.
Sponsored Links

tbaby123 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:21pm
they used to have a mucchh better movie streaming selection and now it seems liek its only like old movie
iGotSunshine View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:22pm
i have it.
i like it
starflower7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:28pm
Originally posted by tropical-punch tropical-punch wrote:

Those Mf'ers had the Bodyguard streaming at one point then took it away. *grr*

See, it doesn't say that when you look it up. I guess they're waiting for me to join so they can say "Gotcha! This one is DVD only! Upgrade and pay more $$$!"
Random Thoughts View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:33pm
I just did a search on the streaming and none of the movies you listed are available for stream. I can tell you that A Space Odyssey and Night of the Living Dead were available for stream about a few months ago (I watched both) but Netflix switches out what's available every few months.

Netflix Instant Stream isn't very good with new releases. They usually only have a handful new releases available. The selection is hit or miss.

The newest movies they have available for stream are movies like Madeas Big Happy Family (2011), No Strings Attatched (2011), and Toy Story 3 (2011), and True Grit (2010).

What Netflix DOES have a lot of is great documentaries and tv shows. Newer shows Shows like Mad Men, Breaking Bad, How I Met Your Mother, Switched At Birth, NipTuck, Teen Mom, The Office, Prison Break, Lost, Sons of Anarchy, Glee, Greys Anatomy, Walking Dead, Family Guy, Futurama, South Park,  Jersey Shore, are all available.

Older shows like Law and Order, The Twilight Zone, Married with Children, Satruday Night Live, Beavis and Butthead, Bernie Mac Show, are available. And a lot of older childrens shows like Power Rangers, Saved By The Bell, Rugrats, and Avatar: The Last Airbender, are available.

They have a pretty good selection of classic movies like The Graduate, Planet of The Apes, Cassablanca, Clockwork Orange, and Chinatown.

For 'black' movies, they have films like Soul Food, Dont Be A Menance, Waiting To Exhale and Friday After Next.

The best part of netflix is their collection of anime, wrestling series, tv shows and documentaries. They have an excellent collection of all of the above, esp when it comes to documentaries. I spend about 95% of my time on those things.

I'd say netflix instant stream isn't worth it if you only want to search for popular movies. But if you are into watching indie movies, foreign movies, documentaries, tv series, and some older movies then I think it's pretty good value.

I have Amazon Prime and Netflix on my ps3 and I use it way more than I do cable. Thinking about dropping cable altogether.

Edited by Random Thoughts - Apr 23 2012 at 1:36pm
starflower7 View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Random Thoughts Random Thoughts wrote:

I just did a search on the streaming and none of the movies you listed are available for stream. I can tell you that A Space Odyssey and Night of the Living Dead were available for stream about a few months ago (I watched both) but Netflix switches out what's available every few months. 

Wow, I knew it was too good to be true...thanks. I'm not paying 7.99 to only watch what they want me to watch. I do love cartoons and documentaries, though so I may get the free trial, but I doubt I'll sign up now since my hopes are dashed. Disapprove
lexis83 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:40pm
It depends on ur taste. I've seen and enjoyed many movies I'd normally not consider
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 1:57pm
I have it. I would be great it they had new releases. 
Jr1127 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 2:09pm
I have it. But after netflix no longer is partner with starz the movies started to suck.
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2012 at 2:10pm
i use someone elses netflix
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic