Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Do people not move when you say "excuse me"?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 12:23am
man it always seems to be the "messicans" i say excuse me they just stand there, even louder i say it again, then as i push through them i say dang u shud have moved.. and i think they look at me like their all lost and ish.. and white people do rude ish also.. even though i hate touching door handles me and this white lady did a stare off at the door handle, but i had to go so opened it for her.. this chick felt all entitled and ish like i was her slave or something.. that pissed me offAngryLOL
Sponsored Links

newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote newdiva1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 12:49am
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

man it always seems to be the "messicans" i say excuse me they just stand there, even louder i say it again, then as i push through them i say dang u shud have moved.. and i think they look at me like their all lost and ish.. and white people do rude ish also.. even though i hate touching door handles me and this white lady did a stare off at the door handle, but i had to go so opened it for her.. this chick felt all entitled and ish like i was her slave or something.. that pissed me offAngryLOL

Girl no.  *slaps f8's hand* Bad f8.

I've had that happen and I will either use the door next to that one or open it and step thru with bluster.  fucc that sh*t.  I only do this with the ones who act entitled.  Don't come to where I'm at cause u see i'm bout to open the door.  U shoulda kept on to that door that was in front of you.
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 1:03am
opps i meant *they are.... man i was running late newdiva won't happen againWinkLOL.. i'm not trying to biased, but black people just seem to be the most well mannered in my experience.
Lite Brite View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lite Brite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 1:31am
^ I agree, EXCEPT 60 yr old big black women at Wal-mart are very guilty of being rude as hell by getting in the way, not moving, and not saying excuse me 
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 1:48am
I say excuse me once, maybe twice, and give you a moment to get outta the way.

If you don't move get ready to catch a elbow to the ribs or play bumper carts.

I wouldn't say I have problems with it race wise, but some old people and their sense of entitlement...let's just say they are lucky my mama raised me right.
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MizzAmirah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 2:09am
My most memorable no-response to "excuse me" was one time at the hair shop with my sister. This big white girl was with her black toddler son with I guess her baby daddy's momma. This truck parked her big ass behind me. Me tryna be nice says "excuse me" twice and nicely. I guess the ratchet hoodrat wanna-be bubba starts wilding out talking bout "bitch don't fcuk with me" I was surprised at first then busted out laughing. Then I shoved thru her and let her behind have it. and she did stfu. I don't understand why folks think they can just act a fool and block people......even when they hear you say excuse me.

Phone post if this looks janky

Edited by MizzAmirah - Nov 19 2012 at 2:19am
PRnena View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PRnena Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 2:38am
I say it all the time to the customers at my job. They always block me from getting to my register. I say it in spanish and le english. Then I yell it. Like "EXCUSE ME. Yes. You. The one in my way. The one who I said excuse me to about 12 times. I need to get by. THANKS ".

And they're like .

And I'm like suck it heaux
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 5:42am
this happens to me all the time and it always makes me think, damn you really feel so powerless in your life that this is the situation you want to control?

i do have one rule that i do not deviate from.  if you are blocking a passageway i will not say excuse.  i will stand there and stare at you until you move.  to me standing in passageways are an act of aggression and when its done at work an act of intimidation and either way you will not be getting an "excuse me" from me.
Nisha View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nisha Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 2:29pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

this happens to me all the time and it always makes me think, damn you really feel so powerless in your life that this is the situation you want to control? That's a really good question!

i do have one rule that i do not deviate from.  if you are blocking a passageway i will not say excuse.  i will stand there and stare at you until you move.  to me standing in passageways are an act of aggression That's what they say it is in the body language books.  and when its done at work an act of intimidation I've read that too. and either way you will not be getting an "excuse me" from me.

I know a person who would always wait until it was time for me to get off work and then block the doorway.  He would listen for me, and time it to the second and come out of his office and just stand in the way.  Confused

After a few pushes and shoves, he didn't do that anymore.  LOL
Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wildfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2012 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Positive K Positive K wrote:

Has this ever happened to you? Often? One time I was in the grocery store and this one lady had her cart in the aisle in my way. I said "excuse me" and the lady was acting like she ain't see me trying to get past her. So I pushed her cart out the way and then she started acting like she wanted to move. I don't know what kind of passive aggressive ish that was but I notice some people take their sweet time to move when you say excuse me in certain situations. I have no problem pushing and getting people out my way tho.

i notice this too. I usually either start to begin to push past them (without touching); or repeat myself very loudly
happens alot in supermarket aisles. KMTAngry....worse when they bring their 4 kids and 13 cousins just to get some bread and oil, standing around in the aisle, blocking everybody and looking at you like, 'what?'.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic