Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Do people just assume you are wearing weave?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 5:14pm
I think most black woman assume its a weave. Although I'm wearing a wig that looks natural and most people even my own sister thought it was my real hair. I've had white people think my long braids and weave were real. My weaves are at most 20 inches which on my frame isnt that long so maybe that's why hey think it's real. I also don't like the bone straight look so my hair is usually thick puffy and slightly wavy. If I straighten it, I only do the bangs to get them how I want. I guess what that guy said is somewhat true, the majority of black woman do not have long hair, but in my life I have known many who do. And the ones who wear their hair straight often get "weave checked." they are all natural except one. Her hair is long and wicked thick!! And she has a relaxer. She's thinking about going natural though.

Edited by lalaLeslie - Jul 09 2013 at 5:17pm
Sponsored Links

imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 09 2013 at 10:24pm
How do people know what the majority of black women are doing?

Do the majority of white people have skin cancer since they tan so much, like is this coming from?
MissGinger1922 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissGinger1922 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 5:15am

I started wearing weaves when I gave up my relaxer.  Most women thought I was wearing a weave when I had a relaxer just because my hair was long.  I even had a couple of women get angry when I told them it wasn't a weave.  It hasn't changed with the weave.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of women of all races who think black women can't have long healthy hair.

pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 10:02am
I agree with funsized.

89% of people dont know what the hell hair extensions are. And they dang sure couldnt tell when someone is wearing them. Until I came along my boyfriend just thought that every black girl just had long ass hair! No no boo boo.. I had to break it down for him! And hes not a dummy by any means!

Its just black women who automatically assume everyone is wearing a weave. Imo whooooo the fu*k cares!!!!! If you arent doing and/or paying for my hair then get up out of it hoe!
SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 11:29am
^^^^ This
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 2:17pm
ha ^^^^ yes & thank you. I know im messing with folks heads;the looks of is it or isnt it a weave tickle the inner most part of my soul. i love my closure!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 6:24pm
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

Do the majority of white people have skin cancer since they tan so much, like is this coming from?

Because we see it. We see it with famous black women, most of then wear extensions. This includes, actors, singers, models etc. even small time not so famous. Yeah you can find a small percentage who doesn't wear extensions and/or relax their hair and nowadays it's getting more common. Being around black people, going to salons, etc. a lot have relaxers and/or wear weaves. It's visible. In places people call "hoods" a lot of the girls even some guys have some really obvious glue in weaves. So many countless times have I spot tracks on black women's hair, just hanging out there in the open.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by pRiNCesSChANeL pRiNCesSChANeL wrote:

I agree with funsized.

89% of people dont know what the hell hair extensions are. And they dang sure couldnt tell when someone is wearing them. Until I came along my boyfriend just thought that every black girl just had long ass hair! No no boo boo.. I had to break it down for him! And hes not a dummy by any means!

Its just black women who automatically assume everyone is wearing a weave. Imo whooooo the fu*k cares!!!!! If you arent doing and/or paying for my hair then get up out of it hoe!

I know in high school I'd try not to let anyone see me without my extensions. But one day I had to and the next day I came in with extensions and people knew because obviously my hair couldn't grow all those inches over night and these were white people. I know some white people might not know, or maybe they're pretending not to in real life, because online were they seem to be more vocal and brave they seem to think we all have traction alopecia and wear weaves (especially after Chris rock's Good Hair)

Also a lot of people of all races were extensions/wigs so I'm really confused about this statistic.
pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 7:31pm
It was a made up percentage...
imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 10 2013 at 10:44pm
Originally posted by lalaLeslie lalaLeslie wrote:

Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

Because we see it. We see it with famous black women, most of then wear extensions. This includes, actors, singers, models etc. even small time not so famous. Yeah you can find a small percentage who doesn't wear extensions and/or relax their hair and nowadays it's getting more common. Being around black people, going to salons, etc. a lot have relaxers and/or wear weaves. It's visible. In places people call "hoods" a lot of the girls even some guys have some really obvious glue in weaves. So many countless times have I spot tracks on black women's hair, just hanging out there in the open.

The majority of white, Asian, and Hispanic entertainers wears weaves bad extensions too. Go into a white salon you will multiple non black women getting fusions and sew ins. I'm just not here for this majority if black women crap, once you meet every single black women in the planet and them you see we ain't noting buy bald head weave loving gals then say this majority non sense. There are millions of black women on this planet who knows what the heck the majority of them are doing with their hair...and honestly who the heck cares so much?
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic