Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Do Not Provoke a Man Into Beating You?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 3 Votes, Average 2.33  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
indiecat View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote indiecat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do Not Provoke a Man Into Beating You?
    Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:36pm
Video behind link
http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/index.ssf/2014/07/watch_espns_stephen_a_smith_and_michelle_beadle_go_to_war_on_twitter_over_ray_rice_comments.html

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith: Do Not Provoke a Man Into Beating You

ESPN's Stephen A. Smith found himself in hot water on Friday after what he said on "First Take" offended viewers -- including his own colleague, Michelle Beadle.

In the video above, you'll see Smith's rant after Ravens running back Ray Rice was suspended for two games (he knocked out his fiance in an elevator and was caught on surveillance attempting to drag her out of it). Here's what got Beadle and others angry after he said "we know you have no business putting your hands on a woman:" (Here's the full transcript)

"What I've tried to employ the female members of my family, some of who you all met and talked to and what have you, is that again, and this what...I've done this all my life, let’s make sure we don’t do anything to provoke wrong actions. Because if I come, or somebody else come, whether it’s law enforcement officials, your brother or the fellas that you know, if we come after somebody has put their hands on you, it doesn't negate the fact that they already put their hands on you. So let’s try to make sure that we can do our part in making sure that that doesn't happen.”

Sponsored Links

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:41pm
so arguing with you S/O is the automatic provocation then?  i'm glad my bf is sweet as pie.
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:41pm
You can provoke anyone into slapping yo ass...... 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:47pm
Originally posted by ms_wonderland ms_wonderland wrote:

so arguing with you S/O is the automatic provocation then?  i'm glad my bf is sweet as pie.

No...yall know exactly what is going too far.....and thats with anyone.....
ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:50pm
Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

what's going too far depends on the people...some people would never hit their s/o regardless of words.  but him sayin that is insinuating that she did something to provoke the attack.  i think most women beaters have a low threshold.  either you're the type to hit a woman or you're not.  how many guys have only hit one woman in their life?  there's typically a history of violence.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:54pm
mind your manners and know your place? 

g.t.f.o.o.h.w.t.s.

Edited by rickysrose - Jul 25 2014 at 10:06pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:57pm

Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

what's going too far depends on the people...some people would never hit their s/o regardless of words.  but him sayin that is insinuating that she did something to provoke the attack.  i think most women beaters have a low threshold.  either you're the type to hit a woman or you're not.  how many guys have only hit one woman in their life?  there's typically a history of violence.

I didn't read....I made a general statement.....but you do have men that will have a violent relationship with one woman and never put his hands on another.....but you also have men that will abuse any woman...the ones that aren't consistent with the domestic violence are usually with women that are violent...and that typically have violent relationships.....
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 8:58pm
my mouth has provoked many a woman
OhMyCurlz View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote OhMyCurlz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:01pm
There is nothing that she could have done, short of hitting him herself, that should have caused him (a football player) to assault her. This is inexcusable. 

She has the right to say what ever she wants to him, he doesn't have the right to put his hands on her. 
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 25 2014 at 9:02pm
Was he trying to say that as a woman you can win a fight with a man so if you feel a situation is getting out of hand don't light a fuse.....try to calm the situation because you safety comes first? I get that....but again I didn't read.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
  Share Topic