Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Do men see "inner beauty?": wearing makeup or NOT?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do men see "inner beauty?": wearing makeup or NOT?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
SoniaT View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoniaT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do men see "inner beauty?": wearing makeup or NOT?
    Posted: May 02 2013 at 8:26pm
I am a single professional woman in my late 30s. In my everyday life, I don't really get a lot of attention from men because my appearance is plain or average. The only time I do get asked on dates or approached by men in public is when I am wearing makeup and/or dressed up for formal occasions. I have the type of face that looks very good with make up on.  The thing is that I feel that wearing makeup isn't really ME and I dislike it.

My problem is that I hear that men are visual and hoping to be appreciated for my inner beauty won't work. I don't want to be single forever, yet not wearing makeup is costing me. On the other hand, won't a man see me without makeup anyway? So if he doesn't like my face without makeup then I'm still stuck. Anyone care to comment?
Sponsored Links

f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 8:41pm
hmm pics will help us.. understand what you are talking about.
morenaloca View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote morenaloca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 11:28pm
lmao @f8

Maybe wear a little makeup. Pick a feature you like about yourself and make it stand out. I.e. if you have pretty eyes, wear eyeliner and mascara to make them stand out even more. Or if you have nice lips, exfoliate them and wear a color that suits your skin tone.

Also, do you think it's not really the makeup and maybe it is your confidence? And the makeup makes you feel confident and men pick up on that and see you as more approachable?
rell85 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote rell85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2013 at 11:36pm
i don't think it's the makeup maybe you put more into your self when you feel like it's important might style your hair different wear heels just appear sexy. since your professional maybe they don't think the simple look will do cause it's not how the other women are that they see.

Edited by rell85 - May 02 2013 at 11:37pm
Blac1Chyna View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Blac1Chyna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 1:18am
Dont be going by that "inner beauty" shyt, thats a lie to make uglie ppl feel better- I'm sorry. If you want a decent pick of desirable men you gone have to step your look game up. Turn your swag on if you wanna catch niccas eyes. They will like your personality AFTER they get to know you. Once you real a man in then you can let it all hang out, walk around with your satin bonnet on and no bra with your struggle sweats and maybe even skip a shaving day...but thats only AFTER you get him hooked.
Senior Detective View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 6:22am
You've been here since 2005, 8 yrs and that op is your ONLY POST?!!. Some thing ain't right..
GoldieLocks View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GoldieLocks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 9:26am
I think this is a situation where you have to think if you really would want a man that you had to entice by changing your physical appearance to a stage that you felt less comfortable in. If the make up does not bother you that much, maybe just wear a little that way it will not be a shock once the MAC wash off LOL
AmiliaCabral View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AmiliaCabral Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 9:50am

If you tryin to date and only get asked out when you wear makeup then put some on. Or you could try online dating, or some chatroom

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 7:56am
I think 'some' makeup is good for any woman.
If you wear alot of makeup - he will see it and yes he can only imagine how you will look the morning after.

But if you wear a moderate amount of makeup and it looks good on you - you will attract men because yes, men are visual creatures. They just are. Sure they KNOW that at some point you have to wash your face and yes, a lot of guys are turned in when you show them yourself totally natural. They are not stupid! Hee hee!

I think if you wear the level of makeup Oprah wears on TV and he sees your face with no makeup he will flip.This is because she wears HEAVY STAGE makeup.

But no, if you are bare faced and he likes girls that are dolled up ... he will never get the chance to meet you and see what a great gal you are and all your inner beauty. Now that's the way it is. Why do you think women wear makeup and men don't wear makeup. Women are trying to 'attract' a guy.

Men are visual ... period but all guys like different things. This will not change in your lifetime. Some guys want a BBW woman, some want a Heidi Klum kind of girl. A lot of guys just want a girl that shows she takes pride in her appearance and is 'polished' off and makeup does this. Don't overdo of course, because then it works in the opposite way!

I think you should get over the 'I don't like makeup' concept thingy .. it's for kids IMO.

But if makeup makes you feel that uncomfortable .. then don't wear it and meet the guys you meet without it.  Period.

I WOULD NOT  suggest that you 'bait and switch'. Like he meets you all dolled up and after he gets to know you ... you drop everything and go out without makeup etc. Nooo that will mess him up and he will be gone.

Guys are visual. They will see you a certain way initally .. and expect you to always look that way.. so you have to choose your look and stick with it. It don't 'bait and switch' on a guy.

Edited by Printer_Ink - May 04 2013 at 8:20am
Beauty620 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beauty620 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 05 2013 at 9:55pm
I say if a guy can't accept you for who you are and how you look then he don't need to be with you period. I mean I understand wearing make-up will enhance your features n everything, it will make you look prettier.....but what about if your really not into the whole make-up deal everyday? I think if you catch a guy like that then you'll have to keep it up..... because that's the person he met, he didn't meet the chic that doesn't wear make-up and dresses to par. 

So I say do you girl. A true man will come along and know your self worth, and if he falls in love with you then he'll love you for you.

P.S. I wear make-up very often....when I do I wear it for me. Now my dude likes this pink eye shadow I put on my eyes so I might be wearing that a lil more often lol...but besides that I put some on when it's a ladies night. At work I do my plain jane ish, lip gloss, powder, lashes n keeps it tf movin Wink

Edited by Beauty620 - May 05 2013 at 9:58pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>