Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do I have a chance?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
JustMe90 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JustMe90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do I have a chance?
    Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 11:37am
My mom and I have been living in this apartment for 13 years. I haven't been on the lease since 08

when I started working but continued to pay my portion of the rent up until now. I want to be put on 

the lease and I'm able to pay the rent by myself. She is afraid they will come after her for lying about 

me being on the lease. Is there anything that I can do to fight for the apartment without 

jeopardizing my Mom? Let me add that she is moving out today and I have until the middle of the 

month. She came into a large sum of money and they began to question her, threatening eviction. 

She just bought a condo and does not wish to remain on the lease or to put me on it. Can I fight for 

the apartment?

Thanks

Edited by JustMe90 - Dec 28 2013 at 11:41am
Sponsored Links

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 11:45am
You can ask if you can take over her lease they may ask for a new deposit and raise the rent tho.....
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 11:50am
I assume she has given a 30 day notice. All you have to do is apply for the apartment to see if you qualify alone. You usually have to make 3 times the rent and pass a background and credit check.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 11:50am
unless their was a rent reduction based on income her coming into money isnt any of their business.  as soon as she informed them she was leaving she should have asked them if her daughter could take over the lease.  this is something your mom has to do because technically you dont live there and there may be a waiting list for the apartment and you are not on it.
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 11:52am
They won't come after her for lying. She's on her way out anyway. I think you're making this more complicated. I was an assistant property manager for over 5 years.
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 12:00pm
do you live in public housing?
dee1672 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote dee1672 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 12:03pm
Why does this read as if part of the story is missing? What does her income, especially if it increased, have to do with her lease agreement? Is this rent controlled or income restricted housing? And as long as your mother doesn't owe them any money, they more than likely won't pursue any action (even if there was some legal reason why you should/shouldnt have been on the lease). Its not worth the hassle....
 In any event, you would have to go through the same process as any other perspective tenant (application, income verification, etc.) and if you only have 2 weeks left in the lease, its a good chance that they have already signed a new lessee. I always had my apartments occupied as soon as I knew a tenant was moving. Good luck with getting the apartment back!

LovesHim View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovesHim Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 12:04pm
is this section 8 housing??

can you take over the lease?

can you afford a different apartment???
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 12:05pm
what state are you in. if you are not in housing you might be able to go to court and prove you have been living there and paying bills for 13 years.

why did your mom take you off?
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2013 at 12:09pm
Originally posted by HaitianDiva64 HaitianDiva64 wrote:

what state are you in. if you are not in housing you might be able to go to court and prove you have been living there and paying bills for 13 years.

why did your mom take you off?

Shed end up losing the place and paying a fine because they probably were commiting welfare fraud......
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>