Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

do homemade wigs last longer?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: do homemade wigs last longer?
    Posted: May 21 2013 at 1:01pm
I'm currently in a dilemma. I want a straight wig. 

I've ordered a virgin chinese yaki straight wig with a silk top that cost me over 300 bucks in March and it lasted me until earlier this month. The problem is, the wig shed a lot and a lot of it is due to the knots.

But if I make a wig out of wefts that are sealed and glue gunned, it would last much longer right? 

The problem is, I'm on Aliexpress. It's much cheaper to buy a virgin yaki straight 16" lace front wig for around 140, versus buying a lace frontal or a lace closure, a 3pc bundle of virgin yaki straight hair, and then buying the wig cap and the dome cap. 

Which is the best choice for me? Right now, money is a under 200 but I'm willing to spend it to have a longer lasting wig, 
Sponsored Links

peaceloveandcurls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote peaceloveandcurls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 1:14pm
bump
HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 2:01pm
You get what you pay for
pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 2:50pm
and if your going to make it i would sew it not glue gun it . i made a wig with a glue gun once and it was sh*tty . there was glue pieces in the hair like a week later . lol it sucked! 

plus if you sew it it will definitely last a long time
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 2:50pm
Virgin yaki straight?...no such thing Honestly it depends on how you take care of your hair will determine if the hair will last long-lace wig or homemade wig. With the silktop lace wig, was the wig full lace or lace front? Also did you seal the hair after every wash? You have to learn to protect your investment whether its $200 or $500+.
DivaKeya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DivaKeya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2013 at 3:11pm

I have U parts from 2 years ago that i still wear to this day. My best advice would be to invest in GOOD hair, sew (NEVER GLUE THAT IS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY), and seal the wefts. I use a net cap and double up on caps to prevent holes that come with wear and tear.

shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 24 2013 at 10:26pm
Originally posted by DivaKeya DivaKeya wrote:

I have U parts from 2 years ago that i still wear to this day. My best advice would be to invest in GOOD hair, sew (NEVER GLUE THAT IS A WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY), and seal the wefts. I use a net cap and double up on caps to prevent holes that come with wear and tear.

Queensheba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Queensheba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2013 at 2:05pm
I agree with the previous posters always sew never glue I glue cheap beauty supply hair never the expensive stuff plus my upsets last a lot longer then wigs I have brought
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic