Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedDo Braids or Sew-in Weave grow hair better?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
ms_b_haven06 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 3:12pm
^^^ITA but in my case its like free sew-in from room mate or $125 for braids plus $60-80 just for the weave! Thats an easy decision. But I will be breakin my pocket to get those braids in Jan 08
Sponsored Links

Ediese View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 3:52pm
For some reason, sew-ins work best for me. Braids always end up pulling out the hair around my temple. So, I guess it really just depends on the individual.

I'm still able to DC, wash, moisturize, apply my MN, etc as if I didn't have my sew-in. On average, I keep them in for three months although the last one lasted for five months.
DGirl1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 4:06pm
I haven't had any experience with sew ins but I just got my hair braided over the weekend, I believe that they do help with rertaining length. You are able to grow your hair without watching it constantly, and it helps with low manupulation. Right now I'm planning on keeping them in for 2 months, and moisturizing them with braid spray.
catredtip View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 4:09pm
Originally posted by Lisajam_08 Lisajam_08 wrote:

I like braids because u can actually take care of ur hair my moisturzing your hair with ease, unlike a sew-in you have to move hair around to get to yours.
ITA
OhSnapItsJasmin View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 4:16pm
Right now I have both. Braids at the top and a sew in at the back. My hair grows best with styles like these.
monie924 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 5:59pm
I have to say my hair grows better with sew ins. Braids always pull out my sides.
Lady_Q_Tee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 6:14pm
ive been an avid wearer of both braids and weaves.

It does depend on the install of each but i would have to say braids, i dont wear micros braids though

Also weaves can help as much, but i find it harder to blend hence using heat, and also my stylist would do tight weaves i have a sensitive scalp to!!!! it is also harder to mouisturise with weaves.
Lady_Q_Tee View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 19 2007 at 6:17pm
Originally posted by monie924 monie924 wrote:

I have to say my hair grows better with sew ins. Braids always pull out my sides.

not neccesarily, i braid my hair myself when i wear braids,  dont do them to tight, and slo redo the braids around the permiter like ever 2-3 weeks one to make them look neater, 2 to prevent breakage.
finally_growing View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2007 at 6:02am
Perfect place to ask my question, and I hope someone responds, Please!

My hair has done EXTREMELY well with box braids for the past 5 months. My hair was halle berry short before putting them in, now it's shoulder lenght. I found in the past(yrs ago) when I'd put light hair grease or spray in my hair evry other day, it caused breakage. However when i had THESE box breads, I only would spray or grease my scalp once ever two-three weeks. yet my hair grew MORE,and i NEVER washed it, go figure. Yet it looks as healthy as it's ever been

Anyway..to my question. Like most, I got tired of the same style and hired somebody to do mini braids, I told her I DIDN'T want micros, but yet she STILL did them tiny, she has ONLY done the back so far and is coming over to finish up today. Will the micros tear my hair out?? I guess she has a vision anbd is ignoring my quest not to do the micro. She said she would only do the back like that, and make them bigger as she goes up...ok...whgy not just make them bigger all around. Anyway, suggestions, advice badly wanted. Thanx
leeshbeesh View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 20 2007 at 7:25am
micros CAN tear your hair out, especially if there is not a lot of your own hair in the braid. my hair seems to not like small braids AT ALL which sort of annoys me when i want certain styles. i also think in reference to you talking about greasing your scalp all the time, you may have been clogging it...i dunno just an idea.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic