Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - do any of you get stares wearing kinky straight?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

do any of you get stares wearing kinky straight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 8:52am
Most people of African descent don't have 4b/c hair usually is in 4a/b category but honestly it doesn't matter what hair type "we" have. People are going to stare regardless so either develop thick skin or stop wearing weaves in general.
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by Lacy Gal Lacy Gal wrote:

OP, I pay attention to the stares of Black people not White people. Black people are more likely to notice if something is not right. But it does not always mean that something is wrong. Homegirl may just be checking your head out.

Printer Ink you really ought to let up. Yeah now you are wearing kinky curl hair. But if I remember correctly you used to be a great fan of brazilian straight hair and virgin indian hair.  But then you decided to switch up. To each his own.

Geeeesh ... I didn't say she could NOT wear kinky straight, yaki etc ... I said if she wears a weave .. basically she has to OWN it so if it looks false .. she's gotta figure out why.

How many times have I said this in this thread? What does this have to do with MY wearing brazilian straight/wavy in the past? Try to stay on point/ Just because I wear kinky curly .. does not mean she has to wear kinky curly. But she kept mentioning that she is wearing the most natural texture possible which was untrue because she did not mention the kinky curly texture. That is an option too.

I am not saying she cannot wear straight hair .. she can ... the issue is that however she is wearing it, if people are staring something is off.

I think you just brought that up because I laid out the whole 'blacks girls cannot have long staight hair ... unless they use chemicals of heat' scenario. A topic that everyone already knows but tries to deny.

:(

Edited by Printer_Ink - Jan 09 2014 at 1:07pm
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 4:40pm
Some install with kinky straight can be bulky....that probably why I would stare.....
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 4:45pm
We really need to be more supportive in 2014 . Maybe the lady hair looks so natural people are amaze . Many people are still ignorant to fact we can have long natural hair . Men tell me often how beautiful my hair looks most days lol . I wear indian and curly hair . So many people wear weaves now , even men lol.  OP don't sweat it . Post a picture if you choose . I Learn how to blend any type of hair with my natural napps after years of trial and error . I have bad hair days also . Weaves require a lot of work to maintain a natural look in my op.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 5:18pm
Umm I don't know where the OP went .. but she was pretty clear that people were staring at her a lot ... but not in a good way. :(

I think we all know what it is get attention when your hairs looks good ... but when something looks off to people ... that would be a whole other star completely. :(

That's what I think is happening with the OP because she sounds really tortured by the stares. :(
DivaMelody View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DivaMelody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2014 at 6:49pm
Why make a blanket judgement.  If she didn't post pics why assume it looks fake or awful.  When I first read this mess-my thought was who gives a hot "eff" if someone or anyone is staring at you, your hair or whatever in the first place??  I can only assume based on the way she said it, maybe the OP is not comfortable with her hair or herself and is reading way too much into people "looking" at her. If she noticed that someone was intensely staring her hair down --does that mean she was turned around staring back ?  If it bothered OP that much, she should have asked the woman why she was staring at her.  I have done so before and either people will tell you or back off. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic