Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - do any of you get stares wearing kinky straight?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

do any of you get stares wearing kinky straight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cupcakeroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:48pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Originally posted by cupcakeroad cupcakeroad wrote:

Sorry, but I think people stare because either the length is too long, the texture or the color of the hair is 'off'. What's natural to you .. might not read as natural to other people.

Everyone looks different so any of the 3 points above look great on one person and off on another. But there's probably something about the look that reads false or unnatural.

No need in lashing out or getting mad at everyone you think is staring at your hair. Ihat will just make is seem like something is wrong about you on the inside as well.What are you gonna tell the cops when they arrest you .. that you were mad at that person staring at your hair?

My advice is to ask for someone's honest opinion. No, it can't be someone that's afraid hurt your feelings or someone wearing the same hair .. but someone neutral.

You could post a pic on this board .. (but people can be mean so if it looks very fake they might say mean things. )

In the end - it's your head so if the look is off and you don't correct it because like it ... you will have to get used to people staring.

That's it.

the kinky straight is the same color as my real hair. black. is 18 inches too long for a brown woman? Im upset because it seems that the only way to stop the stares is to go bald

I am not color struck so I don't think the color of your 'skin' is an issue.
The length could an issue .. just depends on how it looks on you.

I don't think every length looks right on every woman especially with Black women because we all look so very different. For examaple . Gabby Union wears 18 - 20 inches (I am guessing) and even though it's not kinky straight .. it really does look like her hair. (Of course she can afford the best weave person)

I assume it's not just the 1 White lady staring at your head?
In my experience if your hair looks believeable and nice .. people don't stare .. they just glance and are on their way. If people are 'always' staring .. something is up.

I don't think you have to go bald though ... you just have to figure it out and correct it because it must be 'something' .. if people are staring.

Ask someone neutral.

I'm frustrated. I'm so tired of hearing ppl complain about black women's hair looking fake so I spend hundreds of dollars on kinkystraigt which looks natural and people will not stop inspecting my scalp. its not like I'm wearing doll hair. what do they want me to do? have short hair so I wont have a bunch of inspector gadgets in my head all the time. Im tired of this. every other race can have long hair and its normal but on me I'm looked at like a science project.
Sponsored Links

Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 4:06pm

Sorry, but I think people stare because either the length is too long, the texture or the color of the hair is 'off'. What's natural to you .. might not read as natural to other people.

Everyone looks different so any of the 3 points above look great on one person and off on another. But there's probably something about the look that reads false or unnatural.

No need in lashing out or getting mad at everyone you think is staring at your hair. Ihat will just make is seem like something is wrong about you on the inside as well.What are you gonna tell the cops when they arrest you .. that you were mad at that person staring at your hair?

My advice is to ask for someone's honest opinion. No, it can't be someone that's afraid hurt your feelings or someone wearing the same hair .. but someone neutral.

You could post a pic on this board .. (but people can be mean so if it looks very fake they might say mean things. )

In the end - it's your head so if the look is off and you don't correct it because like it ... you will have to get used to people staring.

That's it.

the kinky straight is the same color as my real hair. black. is 18 inches too long for a brown woman? Im upset because it seems that the only way to stop the stares is to go bald

I don't think every length looks right on every woman especially with Black women because we all look so very different. For examaple . Gabby Union wears 18 - 20 inches (I am guessing) and even though it's not kinky straight .. it really does look like her hair. (Of course she can afford the best weave person)

In my experience if your hair looks believeable and nice .. people don't stare .. they just glance and are on their way. If people are 'always' staring .. something is up.

I don't think you have to go bald though ... you just have to figure it out and correct it because it must be 'something' .. if people are staring.

Ask someone neutral.

I'm frustrated. I'm so tired of hearing ppl complain about black women's hair looking fake so I spend hundreds of dollars on kinkystraigt which looks natural and people will not stop inspecting my scalp. its not like I'm wearing doll hair. what do they want me to do? have short hair so I wont have a bunch of inspector gadgets in my head all the time. Im tired of this. every other race can have long hair and its normal but on me I'm looked at like a science project.

Well, the sad truth is .. a lot of Black women DO wear long straight hair that is not believable. I see it everyday - I don't stare .. I just try to get away from them. :)

BTW, Black people can grow the same length of hair as everyone else IF we wear it in the natural form. That's the thing. White, Asian etc people are wearing their hair in it's NATURAL FORM so it it hangs down.

But our hair does not hang down in it's natural form and in an effort to emulate that look yes, it breaks off so .. then people say 'black people can't grow long hair'. :( Wrong. You just have to leave it alone.

Sorry for trouble ... but you need to discover what if off about your head rather than harboring this resentment that 'all the other races can wear long hair'.

That´s not gonna get you anywhere ... and you have a long life to live wearing hair that people are staring at. :(

Edited by Printer_Ink - Jan 07 2014 at 4:09pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 4:18pm

That's it.

Ask someone neutral.

Well, the sad truth is .. a lot of Black women DO wear long straight hair that is not believable. I see it everyday - I don't stare .. I just try to get away from them. :)

BTW, Black people can grow the same length of hair as everyone else IF we wear it in the natural form. That's the thing. White, Asian etc people are wearing their hair in it's NATURAL FORM so it it hangs down.

But our hair does not hang down in it's natural form and in an effort to emulate that look yes, it breaks off so .. then people say 'black people can't grow long hair'. :( Wrong. You just have to leave it alone.

Sorry for trouble ... but you need to discover what if off about your head rather than harboring this resentment that 'all the other races can wear long hair'.

That´s not gonna get you anywhere ... and you have a long life to live wearing hair that people are staring at. :(

I can't get hair any more natural than kinkystraight. I'm not wearing long, silky straight doll hair so I don't know what else it could be? My hair isn't blonde or bright red. It's black like my natural hair color and blends in, so why the staring sometimes? why are people inspecting my scalp? I'm very frustrated and upset.

Edited by cupcakeroad - Jan 07 2014 at 4:20pm
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 4:50pm
Like I said though .. it may not be the TEXTURE itself. You shouldn't fixate on the texture because that may not be it - there may be something else or a combination of factors.

Btw - the most natural texture IS the afro/kinky texture .. which will look 100% more like your real hair. I don't understand why you did not mention this.

This is really the most natural you can go .. but .. again A LOT of Black women want to straighten their hair ... which is the kinky straight look basically. :(

(btw - I wear the afro/curly look .. and noooooobody is trying to figure out my head. Even if people think it's fake... they will think I am wearing fake hair that pretty much looks just like my real hair ... which really takes the edge off. :)

See these modern Afros! :) Parlez vou Francais?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjZs2FH6PQE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLxmpjmj9R8

Not saying you have to wear an afro .. but THAT is the most natural hair texture you can wear and it is an option. :)
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 5:56pm
Also why are you so worried about what another person thinks about your hair? Unless you can read minds or the people vocalized their thoughts about your hair, you shouldn't even care.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 6:02pm
Good point.

(I suspect the OP is getting TOO MANY stares such that it starts to get uncomfortable.)
juicifruit89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 6:17pm
Maybe the thickness of the Kinky Straight? Sometimes if you have more than 1.5 packs in your head, it can look overwhelming. Is it shaped/thinned out and layered?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 8:10pm

Like I said though .. it may not be the TEXTURE itself. You shouldn't fixate on the texture because that may not be it - there may be something else or a combination of factors.

Btw - the most natural texture IS the afro/kinky texture .. which will look 100% more like your real hair. I don't understand why you did not mention this.

This is really the most natural you can go .. but .. again A LOT of Black women want to straighten their hair ... which is the kinky straight look basically. :(

(btw - I wear the afro/curly look .. and noooooobody is trying to figure out my head. Even if people think it's fake... they will think I am wearing fake hair that pretty much looks just like my real hair ... which really takes the edge off. :)

See these modern Afros! :) Parlez vou Francais?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjZs2FH6PQE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLxmpjmj9R8

Not saying you have to wear an afro .. but THAT is the most natural hair texture you can wear and it is an option. :)

so a black woman with hair that mimcs her own hair that is relaxed warrants stares? not everybody wants the afro look. I don't really like it.
ragincajin View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ragincajin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 8:30pm
...I had a fro...
I was six.
Has anyone seen it?
I'd like it back.
All that thick, lush, non-permed hair.
What I wouldn't trade to see those days again.
Enjoy. They probably have always been curious and want to know what your hair feels like.

Look at this YT clip.
People wanted to touch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbDgxJNIAVM

Edited by ragincajin - Jan 07 2014 at 8:33pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by ragincajin ragincajin wrote:

...I had a fro...
I was six.
Has anyone seen it?
I'd like it back.
All that thick, lush, non-permed hair.
What I wouldn't trade to see those days again.
Enjoy. They probably have always been curious and want to know what your hair feels like.

Look at this YT clip.
People wanted to touch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbDgxJNIAVM
So what? I like the kinky straight. Sure its not an afro, but it mimics my hair when straightened. I don't like Afros, it ages me
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>