Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - do any of you get stares wearing kinky straight?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

do any of you get stares wearing kinky straight?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cupcakeroad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: do any of you get stares wearing kinky straight?
    Posted: Jan 06 2014 at 9:45pm
by it being so natural looking I wouldn't think it would attract so many stares. I caught a white woman stand behind me staring at my hair...it makes me angry and I want to lash out. weaves are not uncommon. but why does something so natural attract even more attention?
Sponsored Links

imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 2:26am
When I wore my kinky straight everyone thought it was mine and told how pretty and long it was. I just said thank and kept it moving lol, I've never received negative attention over my weaves tho. Most assume it's my real hair lol.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 2:36am
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

When I wore my kinky straight everyone thought it was mine and told how pretty and long it was. I just said thank and kept it moving lol, I've never received negative attention over my weaves tho. Most assume it's my real hair lol.
do you have a light complexion?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 4:27am
No, I'm brown skinned.

Why do you think that has something to do with you being stared at?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 9:13am
Originally posted by imfunsized imfunsized wrote:

No, I'm brown skinned.

Why do you think that has something to do with you being stared at?
yes. I mean it was completely flat, natural with no tracks showing. there's no other reason
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 9:40am
Sorry, but I think people stare because either the length is too long, the texture or the color of the hair is 'off'. What's natural to you .. might not read as natural to other people.

Everyone looks different so any of the 3 points above look great on one person and off on another. But there's probably something about the look that reads false or unnatural.

No need in lashing out or getting mad at everyone you think is staring at your hair. Ihat will just make is seem like something is wrong about you on the inside as well.What are you gonna tell the cops when they arrest you .. that you were mad at that person staring at your hair?

My advice is to ask for someone's honest opinion. No, it can't be someone that's afraid hurt your feelings or someone wearing the same hair .. but someone neutral.

You could post a pic on this board .. (but people can be mean so if it looks very fake they might say mean things. )

In the end - it's your head so if the look is off and you don't correct it because like it ... you will have to get used to people staring.

That's it.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Jan 07 2014 at 9:43am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 12:04pm
Hmmmm, if anyone is making you uncomfortable you have the right to say something. She most likely was wondering if it was your real hair, no matter the complexion of your skin it assumed that most of "us" wear weave. With it being a kinky straight texture it most likely looks very believable, so this may be why she was standing so close to you examining your head. Smh you have the right tell people to back away from you tho especially if it is making you uncomfortable, I disagree with the above poster, but I have my suspicions about her anyway but whatever lol. Would you mind posting pics, you can block out your face.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cupcakeroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

Sorry, but I think people stare because either the length is too long, the texture or the color of the hair is 'off'. What's natural to you .. might not read as natural to other people.

Everyone looks different so any of the 3 points above look great on one person and off on another. But there's probably something about the look that reads false or unnatural.

No need in lashing out or getting mad at everyone you think is staring at your hair. Ihat will just make is seem like something is wrong about you on the inside as well.What are you gonna tell the cops when they arrest you .. that you were mad at that person staring at your hair?

My advice is to ask for someone's honest opinion. No, it can't be someone that's afraid hurt your feelings or someone wearing the same hair .. but someone neutral.

You could post a pic on this board .. (but people can be mean so if it looks very fake they might say mean things. )

In the end - it's your head so if the look is off and you don't correct it because like it ... you will have to get used to people staring.

That's it.

the kinky straight is the same color as my real hair. black. is 18 inches too long for a brown woman? Im upset because it seems that the only way to stop the stares is to go bald
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 2:36pm
White people are just amazed about our hair so she could very well been thinking how beautiful your hair is...no need to get upset.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2014 at 3:34pm
Originally posted by cupcakeroad cupcakeroad wrote:

Originally posted by Printer_Ink Printer_Ink wrote:

That's it.

the kinky straight is the same color as my real hair. black. is 18 inches too long for a brown woman? Im upset because it seems that the only way to stop the stares is to go bald

I am not color struck so I don't think the color of your 'skin' is an issue.The length could be an issue .. just depends on how it looks on you.

I don't think every length looks right on every woman especially with Black women because we all look so very different. Wearing long hair .. just for the sake of wearing long hair doesn't work for a lot of women - black or white. There are some links on the net that tell you what length of hair you should wear for your face 'shape'. So I remember it saying if you have a long face .. you shouldn't wear long hair because it drags the face down etc. It has to be cut at chin length to help widen your face. Of course, I don't know how you look. Check it out.

For examaple. Gabby Union (has an oval face) wears 18 - 20 inches (I am guessing) and even though it's not kinky straight .. it really does look like her hair. (Of course she can afford the best weave person money can buy.)

I assume it's not just the 1 White lady staring at your head?

In my experience if your hair looks believeable and nice .. people don't stare they just glance and are on their way but if people are 'always' staring .. something is up. What are you gonna turn around and 'confront' every female you find staring at your head? What kind of life will that be?

I don't think you have to go bald though ... you just have to figure it out and correct it.

Ask someone neutral.

Edited by Printer_Ink - Jan 07 2014 at 3:52pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists