Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do any NATURALS texturize their leave out?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
shantel75 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shantel75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 7:40pm
Im a 3C and damaged my leave out eith onr pass of the flat iron. I had to chop my leave out and start over. It has grown back since, but will never use heat or anthing else. I use closures noe.
Sponsored Links

imfunsized View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imfunsized Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 3:06am
Have you seen the heat free hair for kinks collection? It might be a good option, there are girls on there fb page with short coarse
SweetNovember* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SweetNovember* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 3:59am
It sounds like you're still willing to risk the health of your own hair that's growing out of your head so you can wear someone else's detachable hair. You haven't considered wearing your own hair out or getting a weave that looks anything like your natural hair so it sounds like you're not mentally prepared to be natural tbh.
lashannasmall View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote lashannasmall Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 1:24pm
Get a Afro Curly texture. Many websites are selling that these days.  Like this one. http://heatfreehair.com/  Just slick your hair down and you will be fine. If you want hair that is a different texture, get a closure with the hair and leave only your baby hair out. Than all you have to do is slick down your baby hair. I, on the other hand, wear a full lace wig, leave only my baby hairs out and slick those down. Basically, when your texture doesn't match, you have to leave out as little hair as possible. Yes closures and full lace wigs are expensive but that is the best route.
Daymarme View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Daymarme Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 8:03pm
Thank you so much ladies for the feedback and suggestions. I will look into that and leave my leave out chemical free. :)
aelitaangels View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aelitaangels Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2013 at 8:56am
I'm having the same problem haha
I want to wear a sew-in next semester to change things up but don't want a full closure because it looks too fake to me =/
I used to have a perm but got tired of all the effort that went in to taking care of it, so I wore box braids for the next 2 and 1/2 years (My edges are fine lol)
Since I've been wearing braids for so long, I want to try something different.
However, since I haven't relaxed my hair in so long, most of it is natural right now though the ends are still straight. But I don't want to go back to fully relaxed hair.
I know the most natural looking sew-ins are the leave-outs but my hair is also a really kinky 4b texture, and I was leaning towards a straighter weave look.
So I was thinking of just wearing my hair in braid outs this summer (to give a break from braids) and then when I get the sew-in to only relax the end parts of the leave out. I figure this would be easier to take care of rather than pressing the entire thing. Plus it'd be easier to grow out in case I ever did want to go full out natural one day.
MissKrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 3:31am
Im in the same boat...Im tempted to either get a texturizer or relaxer very soon this summer weather is killing my leave out...and I have yet to see a closure IN PERSON that didn't look fake. Shocked
MissKrys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissKrys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 3:38am
Do you know of a Salon in the NYC area that does the Prevana Perfection?  I know the salons I called about the BKT wanted to charge me the normal $100's of dollars even though I just wanted it done to my little leave out area...Thumbs Down
pRiNCesSChANeL View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pRiNCesSChANeL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 11:29am
I think its best to learn to work with your natural hair rather then resorting to damaging chemicals to get your hair straight for an install. That just sounds dumb and you would probably regret it in the end. I am almost 2 years natural and even though I have had my days where I wanted to say eff it and slap a relaxer in.. im glad I never did. It has taken me this full length of time to finally figure out what works and what doesnt when trying to mimick different curly textures or get my hair straight. Natural hair isnt the easiest thing in the works to figure out/ work with.. and everyones is different . But in the end it is sooooo worth it!
Bunnybanx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnybanx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 09 2013 at 1:05pm
I texlaxed my leave out like 6 months ago I used a mild relaxer and diluted with about a half a bottle of suave conditioner and coconut oil and random other conditioners I was terrified it would end up too straight but it came out great still my coily texture but less bulky less shrinkage. I liked it but I still had to use heat which I was trying to avoid . But when I wore my hair in a full fro it still blended it didn't look weird still wore my puff and no one could tell so ultimately it's what you think is best for you. I dyed the front red (I know my poor hair ) but I still retained length and my hair is overall healthy. I've gotten alot of new growth so ill probably big chop the texlaxed parts at the end of summer
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic