BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"Do Africans Learn About American Slavery?"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:25am
JP what am I complaining about?
haven't mentioned tmz or that girl once
Sponsored Links

SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:29am
Kfoxxxxxxxy

You sound disappointed and.... Familiar.

My mother can go on a fukk this country and fukk these crakkas rant on the drop of a dime

I can't say I blame her. It's just my perspective is different. At the moment.

I don't want nothing they have. I want only for my people. Screw their feelings.

They aren't the gatekeeper. We can't ask for permission. Gotta make our own rules and ignore them.

I have an imaginary line in my Utopian America that they aren't allowed to cross.

I respect the place where your angst comes from....naturally. I'm one more innocent black child killed away.

But....but... I won't allow people to shame me into shaming this precious soil they bled on.

I'll get fed up one day. I'll tell my grandkids fukk this country.

Hopefully they are far too resilient to make my pain their truth.
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:30am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

JP what am I complaining about?
haven't mentioned tmz or that girl once

You're not quite saying it outright but you seem to share Starflower's sentiments and then some on Danai's response. So I'm saying instead of dancing around the issue, let's take it all the way there. Like I stated before, I believe that Danai's response was appropriate in that specific context. But the rub for some seems to be about what is perceived as the dismissive attitude of some Africans towards aas and I'm here to say it goes both ways (or several different ways). So like TC said, lets fight about it instead of keeping it undercover.

ps: like Kfoxx said, not TC

Edited by JoliePoufiasse - Feb 18 2014 at 9:32am
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:31am
I seriously don't give a damn about ehat she said.
and I agree that I wouldn't pay tmz any attention

I'm not dancing around sh*t that's not what I'm talking about.so try again
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:32am
i also asked jones to speak on it directly.

anyway, all the misplaced extra emotion is what derails the conversation, imo...
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:33am
I don't like the tone about AA on this board .ive said that openly before.

this ain't new
JoliePoufiasse View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JoliePoufiasse Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:36am
Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I seriously don't give a damn about ehat she said.
and I agree that I wouldn't pay tmz any attention

I'm not dancing around sh*t that's not what I'm talking about.so try again

OK, I'll try again, as you ask. What are you talking about then? I'm not actually trying to come off as inflammatory, although I realize I may sound brash because I'm direct that way. If there's an issue that seems to be brewing, I figure why not talk it out rather than talk in codes? So if I'm completely misinterpreting you, than please elaborate.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:36am
And ducky this is why I love you and your generation.   I'm happy and proud that there are many in your generation who feel this way.  Who are ready to fight and keep fighting.  I need them to leave us the fck alone and let us live, let our babies live and stop fckn up their future before they even get a chance to get out there.   I'm tired of them.   I WANT y'all to win the day sooooo bad.

Just leave us old ladies be over here in this corner saying "fck them crakka devils"LOL
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:37am
Originally posted by SeducTress SeducTress wrote:

They aren't the gatekeeper. We can't ask for permission. Gotta make our own rules and ignore them.

I have an imaginary line in my Utopian America that they aren't allowed to cross.

But....but... I won't allow people to shame me into shaming this precious soil they bled on.

i agree with all of this.  and personally i would never allow anyone to make me feel ashamed of my african or american roots. 

Edited by ThoughtCouture - Feb 18 2014 at 9:49am
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 18 2014 at 9:39am
Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I'm tired of them.   I WANT y'all to win the day sooooo bad.

Just leave us old ladies be over here in this corner saying "fck them crakka devils"LOL

girl...i don't f*ck with them...AT ALL.  these youngins out here can have alladat...LOL
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
  Share Topic