BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

"Do Africans Learn About American Slavery?"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
keepgrowing View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 8:57am
Originally posted by liesnalibis liesnalibis wrote:

Originally posted by bunzaveli bunzaveli wrote:

I like this comment.

Smitty Smit

They have a hard time in Africa because they sold off their own people & then act like african Americans are weak or something that bitch the question wasn't really about America it was about a race of people she is related to the world doesn't revolve around America but the show you're on is american & bet you dont get paid in African currency so maybe it does
 · 
View all 4 replies

Prollem? Don't tell me Africans are untouchable.

I'm reluctant to believe it existed to the extent that people promote it as especially since the same white people writing history didn't believe Africans were capable of building Egyptian pyramids. If you believe the slave trade happened so readily without any force and ignored the British and Portugal colonies that were populating Africa, then you should also believe that Native Americans readily gave up their land and they celebrated their new found European friends by having a turkey dinner.
Sponsored Links

iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 9:07am
Nope, I never learned about African history in school and I always wondered why and we skimmed past egypt and off to greece, rome, and even the Incas. But I self study a lot and learned on my own and learned a great deal about African history.

Call me " I think I'm Mansa Musa, Esaur" is what Rick Ross should have rapped about.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (9) Thanks(9)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 9:48am
African Americans think African history is basically Egyptian history.
iliveforbhm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 10:12am
Yeah, mostly they think it is. The Nok civilization is the oldest west african civilization.
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 11:57am
Public schools in the US taught us about Africa! They really did.

Egypt!Big smile
Egypt!Big smile

Slave trade Cry(our bad y'all! But hey! The Africans sold Black people too so we're not totally to blame here.)
..and that's it.

Frederick DouglasOuch
Harriet TubmanOuch
Sojourner TruthOuch
MLK (Malcolm X, who's he?!)Big smile
...and that's about it.

Like I said in another similar AA vs Africans thread, I am still waiting for the lion to eat Printer but that's my insane slave negro mind talking.
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 12:19pm

Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

She's Zimbabwean, which is in Southern Africa. There is very little evidence that Southern African tribes particularly those in the inlands were involved in the slave trade directly

And lastly, slavery is taught in passing. No need to be taught slavery for many other reasons in that part of the world.

I can see why AAs are mad but not every African tribe was involved in the trade.

Dude is just sour and misinformed for many reasons..

Being a typical obnoxious American with his all Africans are from the same place attitude

Nobody said she or her countrymen were at fault. But you don't dismiss your own like that in their own country they slaved and died for. If it weren't for slavery in America, she wouldn't be where she is today. I'm pretty sure I'm not descended from S<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">outhern Africans but I still address my people with more respect than that.</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">
</span>
<span style="font-size: 12px; line-height: 1.4;">Picture them asking me if I learned about apartheid and saying some dumb shyt like the world doesn't revolve around South Africa you know. Censored</span>

see here is the crux of the matter and is where your analogy fails

1. slavery happened centuries ago, and the system takes measures to systematically down play that part of history.. thus it is highly unlikely they would willingly export their history of brutality

2. if i asked the average american on colonialism and imperialism (and its effect on history either by the defacement and destruction of historical artefacts and since we are talking about a zimbabwean traditionally historical figures like nehanda kaguvi and their equivalent within other tribes etc etc etc) i probably wouldnt get an answer .. and it ended much later than slavery

3. apartheid is in recent history and ended in our lifetime/ generation and thus an equal comparison would be the civil rights movement

you're just pissed off for the sake of being pissed off.

her response was more dismissive to the paparazzi than it was dismissive of history

though she was absolutely correct in her response

4. you gots to chill /eric b

Edited by afrokock - Feb 17 2014 at 12:23pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 12:20pm
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Public schools in the US taught us about Africa! They really did.

Egypt!Big smile
Egypt!Big smile

Slave trade Cry(our bad y'all! But hey! The Africans sold Black people too so we're not totally to blame here.)
..and that's it.

Frederick DouglasOuch
Harriet TubmanOuch
Sojourner TruthOuch
MLK (Malcolm X, who's he?!)Big smile
...and that's about it.

Like I said in another similar AA vs Africans thread, I am still waiting for the lion to eat Printer but that's my insane slave negro mind talking.

given the option, id resell her bloodline

ol coon ass
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:37pm
Now I have to read this because y'all are talking about something else now. 
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by afrokock afrokock wrote:

2. if i asked the average american on colonialism and imperialism (and its effect on history either by the defacement and destruction of historical artefacts and since we are talking about a zimbabwean traditionally historical figures like nehanda kaguvi and their equivalent within other tribes etc etc etc) i probably wouldnt get an answer .. and it ended much later than slavery

Sadly I have to agree with this and not just if you asked them about past history but if you asked about CURRENT affairs any place other than America.   I know people who don't understand a damn thing about ANY other country and with Africa its like Why is Africa dealing with color-ism when they have a whole black "country" all to themselves and should have a great self-imageDead?? 

Her answer exemplified how stupid and "bait-y" that question was.   Living in the bubble is bad for your brain.    
femmemichelle View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote femmemichelle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 2:05pm

I like this comment.

Smitty Smit

They have a hard time in Africa because they sold off their own people & then act like african Americans are weak or something that bitch the question wasn't really about America it was about a race of people she is related to the world doesn't revolve around America but the show you're on is american & bet you dont get paid in African currency so maybe it does
 · 
View all 4 replies

Ignorant ass comment. The world does NOT revolve around America. Yes she is getting paid in American currency. It's the land of opportunity! 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 15>