Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Color
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

DIY pink ombre highlights in 1B extensions?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
ReeseWhitley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReeseWhitley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DIY pink ombre highlights in 1B extensions?
    Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 6:20pm
I am looking to add highlights to my 1B blackish extensions cotton candy pink and hot pink into an ombre effect(light pink from root of extension until halfway into hot pink). How would I go about doing this, and how long can I leave the 40 developer in my extensions to make it go platinum blonde(I want to get it as blond as possible so I will only have to dye it once). Would It help if I mixed the powder/developer in with conditioner? Can I do the bleaching, then pink dyeing back to back?

Imagine this style with pink ombre highlights https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/image…
Sponsored Links

RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 06 2013 at 11:22pm
Could you repost the link or post the photo here? It didn't work for me.

ReeseWhitley View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ReeseWhitley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 12:08am
http://static.becomegorgeous.com/img/arts/2011/Jul/13/4960/vic_piccolotto_hair_style.jpg

http://www.kidshalloweencostumes4u.com/kids-wild-girl-blackpinkpurple-wig.html

http://m.pinterest.com/pin/444941638154868883/
RedSoxtober View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedSoxtober Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2013 at 1:11am
ShockedSorry the photo came out large!!! In order to get your #1B (level 1/2 darkest brown/brown black) hair to a level 9 pale yellow or 10+ platinum, you may need to bleach the hair twice depending on what type of lightener you use.  If the extension hair has been dyed that dark brown color, it'll be more of a pain to do and you'll risk severely damaging the extension hair.. So if your hair is "virgin" (I don't wear/use extensions but,I'm trying to learn more about hair extension types and shades) then this may not be much of an issue.

Using the devloper alone won't really work all that well; it needs to be mixed with a powder, oil or liquid lightener in order to lift. Since you already have the  40 voulme developer (I recommend 30 volume creme), then you'll have to get a powder bleach (found at the BSS and SALLY's).

Do a strand test to see how the hair reacts to the bleach and how long it takes to lighten.
The first bleaching would probably take about 45 minutes tops (don't leave it on any longer than that) rinse, deep condition and air dry. It'll probably be a gold color at this point. Check the condtion fo the hair; if all is good then bleach again and check it every 5 minutes until to the hair is pale yellow (like the inside of a banana peel) or up to 45 minutes. rinse and let air dry to check for damage. When you bleach all of the extentions, do a  hardcore protein treatment but, skip the deep moisturizing conditioner til after you dye it pink.

DYEING

Detangle the extensions and lay them out on a flat surface proteted by plastic wrap or whatver non-porus item you have.(optional) Mark a line where you want the hot pink to start.  Pour some the cotton candy pink dye into a plastic bowl and apply using a tint brush starting from the roots and working down to wher the hot pink will start slightly overlapping to prevent gaps. Then apply the hot pink dye using a tint brush. Go back and check for spots that aren't saturated. Once that's all done, cover with plastic wrap then apply heat (blow dryer) to set the color per intructions, rinse with cool water until it runs clear.

Originally posted by ReeseWhitley ReeseWhitley wrote:

I am looking to add highlights to my 1B blackish extensions cotton candy pink and hot pink into an ombre effect(light pink from root of extension until halfway into hot pink). How would I go about doing this, and how long can I leave the 40 developer in my extensions to make it go platinum blonde(I want to get it as blond as possible so I will only have to dye it once). Would It help if I mixed the powder/developer in with conditioner? Can I do the bleaching, then pink dyeing back to back?

Imagine this style with pink ombre highlights https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/image…

Edited by RedSoxtober - Jan 07 2013 at 1:15am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply