Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Divine Directions
    Posted: Mar 27 2008 at 8:29am
This was too good so I had to share. I hope it is a blessing to you as it was to me. Enjoy Heart

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Divine Direction
Rev. James C. Matthews

"Then some Midianite traders passed by, so they pulled him up and lifted Joseph out of the pit, and sold him to the Ishmaelites for twenty shekels of silver. Thus they brought Joseph into Egypt."   Genesis 37:28

Often, when we look for direction from God we seek the miraculous. We search for a sign, a voice or a vision to make our paths plain.  However, God can and does employ more common (even painful) experiences in our life to provide direction for our lives. We lose a job, experience a break up in a relationship, financial instability, stricken with an illness or something is taken from us.  These "life events" may be God's way of causing us to look in another direction.   God will often close a door, to point us in the direction of another.

God has a purpose and plan for our lives.  The problem is - so do we. Often our plans and God's plan are not the same.  We often seek things that are short sighted.  God knows this and allows certain events in our lives to point us in the right direction.  Often these situations look nothing like what we think God's plan for our lives should look like.  We must be careful not to misconstrue God's direction as persecution.  "God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose" (Romans 8:28). 

If anyone's life demonstrates this principle it's Joseph.  Joseph received a dream from God revealing his destiny.  In his dream he was in a place of prestige and power. In a matter of days, Joseph went from being his father's favorite son to being a slave in a foreign land.  He was thrown into a pit, sold into slavery and taken to Egypt to spend the rest of his life.  Unbeknownst to Joseph, all of this was God's way of positioning him to fulfill his purpose in life.  Joseph had to go into the pit, to meet Potiphar.  Potiphar's wife had to falsely accuse Joseph for him to be sent to prison. It was in prison where Joseph met attendants in Pharaoh's court. It was because of this time in prison that Joseph received the opportunity to meet Pharaoh.  When he met Pharaoh he entered into his destiny. 

When Joseph laid his head down to sleep that first night in Egypt he was far from home, but squarely within God's plan.  God declares: "For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways, "declares the LORD." For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways And My thoughts than your thoughts" (Isaiah 55:8-9).  I am sure Joseph saw the changes in his situation as set backs, when in reality they were setups.  God was providing "divine direction" through what appeared to be disaster.  Each disappointing turn in his life pointed him in the direction of his destiny and purpose.

Some of you may be experiencing what appears to be a disaster or dead end in your life, when in fact it's direction.  As you experience your transition, never lose sight of God's sovereignty.  Sometimes God allows us to lose control so that He can take control.  When Joseph's brothers threw him into the pit, I am sure he had no idea he had taken the first step toward his destiny.  After looking over his life and all that had transpired, Joseph was able to say to his brothers: "As for you, you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good in order to bring about this present result..." (Genesis 50:20).  Everything he thought was an accident was really providence.  It was divine direction!

Sponsored Links

nyqueene View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 27 2008 at 2:09pm
amen, how encouraging
luvmybiga$$fro View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2008 at 8:14am
Nella, thank you for posting this! Ya got me rocking and rolling in my chair in agreement. I thank God for 'setting me up to enter into my destiny'! Praise God!
abbasjewel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2008 at 12:25pm
Clap
ChocolateCookie View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2008 at 7:26pm
Thank you sis I really NEEDED that! God bless you Smile

Edited by ChocolateCookie - Mar 29 2008 at 7:27pm
Zuriel View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 30 2008 at 10:19am
Thumbs%20UpClap  Thanks Nella and thank you Jesus for
inspiring her to encourage us!
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2008 at 3:44pm
You're welcome ladies Heart
esparra View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 01 2008 at 8:54am
Thanks Nella....God bless!!
bellahoney View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2008 at 11:42am
I really needed to read this today....thank you for sharing...
Aunatural77 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2008 at 6:09pm
Thumbs%20UpThis right on time for me!  Thanks Nella and keep on doing God's work of encouragement for the believers.

Heart
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>