Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Disney Star Zendaya Coleman to Portray Aaliyah

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 9:25am
Originally posted by lanae lanae wrote:

Theyre going forward with the movie even though the family is not giving them music rights? How would that even work?

Flex Alexander and that unauthorized Michael Jackson movie
Sponsored Links

Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 9:34am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

how was it awkward alias..? 

it wasnt as smooth as it could be but i think she was really excited about it. 

I'm guessing because Keshia Chante auditioned for the role.
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 9:55am
ohhhh 
i dont watch 106 and park i had no idea thats who that girl was. 
i remember 1 or 2 of her songs and videos from like 10 years ago… 

that is hella awkward. i bet she hates her.. and thats why she brought flowers. 

teyana taylor probably feels played too. 
little 17 year old just entered the game and shes already had a better career than both of yall put together. 

Edited by coconess - Jun 21 2014 at 9:56am
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 12:00pm
I'd read Keisha was selected for the role years ago..I'd hope she's not upset.  She handled the interview well.  Don't think she'd have been a good fit anyway. 
StylingArabella View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote StylingArabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 2:28pm
There was something "smooth" and alluring about Aaliyah. This girl seems corny.....and there's something about her face that won't allow me to call her attractive, can't put my finga on it Geek.
SoutherNtellect View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoutherNtellect Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 2:47pm
can you just record someone else's song and use it like that?

ms_wonderland View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 2:51pm
i'm surprised that the family owns the rights to the music.  or maybe Missy and Timbaland won't betray the family?
K_Camille View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote K_Camille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 21 2014 at 4:10pm
I wonder if family is mad cus they aren't getting paid.  There tends to be disputes whenever a biopic is made, involving greedy fam members.  Yes, Aaliyah was influential but ain't nobody going to theaters to see a movie about her.  TLC settled for a made for tv movie, Aaliyah is on the same level as them imo. Lifetime should have contacted the family though.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 1:40pm
OH: Aaliyah Lifetime Biopic Will Reportedly Detail Relationship With R.Kelly

Jun 23 | by Natasha

photo 2r7aqds_zps2f58ae44.jpg

The upcoming "Aaliyah" biopic is stirring up more drama with Aaliyah fans.  New reports claim the story will also focus on the controversial relationship between the singer and mentor R.Kelly.  Deets inside...

Now, we ALL want to know what REALLY went down between Aaliyah Haughton and R. Kelly.  But since it doesn't seem the Haughton family is interested in working with Lifetime on the project (they're attempting to shut it down), where would the factual info come from?  Surely not R. himself.

Page Six reports that the Aaliyah story on Lifetime will indeed explore and focus on their illegal marriage and relationship.  And folks are pissed, despite the fact the movie will also span her life from 10 to 22.

The 1990s diva — who was tragically killed in a 2001 plane crash when she was just 22 — was alleged to have secretly, illegally married her mentor Kelly in 1994 when she was 15 and he was 27.

Though the couple denied the union, a marriage certificate was eventually revealed that falsely listed Aaliyah’s age as 18.

The marriage was reportedly annulled by her parents. The movie, starring Disney star Zendaya and based on a biography by Christopher John Farley, will cover Aaliyah’s life from 10 years old to her death at 22.

So will they also be exploring her relationships with Dame Dash and Jay Z as well?  Hmmm.

Executive producer, Debra Martin Chase, told the publication, “Aaliyah’s personal and professional relationship with R. Kelly will be explored with care in the film as we set out to depict her life with the utmost respect. Above all else, it’s our hope to inspire an entirely new generation with her music and larger-than-life talent.”

The biopic, based on the bestseller “Aaliyah: More Than a Woman” by former Time Magazine music editor Christopher Farley, will film this summer and is slated to premiere this fall.  Zendaya Coleman, slated to play Aaliyah, will record four of the late star's songs.

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 23 2014 at 1:45pm
zendaya is gonna record her songs…? 

i cant imagine that. like she can play her and dance or whatever but i cant imagine her voice instead of aaliyahs singing one in a million, rock the boat, miss you, 4 page letter, i dont wanna, etc.. 

aww… now i really wanna listen to i dont wanna and miss you.. 
but i have sht to do. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 13>
  Share Topic