Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Disgruntled Gamer Calls in SWAT Team on Opponent
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

Disgruntled Gamer Calls in SWAT Team on Opponent

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Disgruntled Gamer Calls in SWAT Team on Opponent
    Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:38pm

Call of Duty loser calls in SWAT team hoax on kid who beat him

By Kenneth Garger, Bruce Golding and Natalie O'Neill

April 22, 2014 | 8:23pm

Long Island police dispatched helicopters, emergency vehicles and an army of cops to a home where someone called in a bloody rampage on Tuesday.

They arrived with guns drawn and ready for war — only to find out the call to cops was an act of revenge by a gamer whom the teen who lives inside had just beaten in an online Call of Duty battle.

Raphael Castillo was the winner of the video game and also the victim of “Swatting.”Photo: Victor Alcorn

The prank caller told police over Skype that he was Rafael Castillo, 17, of Long Beach — and that “I just killed my mother and I might shoot more people,” cops said.

But Castillo was only using virtual firearms in the online video game.

Long Beach police came out in force in response to the hoax.Photo: Victor Alcorn

“Some guy threatened to Swat him,” Castillo’s brother told The Post. “He was pissed that he had lost.”

The had just been eliminated by Castillo and gave police the teen’s home address in a dangerous game called “Swatting,” and the authorities went into full emergency mode.

In the two-hour standoff, authorities scrambled choppers over the house and rushed in more than 60 officers with weapons drawn — including elite members of Nassau County’s special operations unit.

Fire trucks also sped to the home on Laurelton Boulevard near West Fulton Street.

When cops got to the home, Castillo’s mother was in the kitchen and Rafael’s brother arrived home from lunch.

“I thought there was a fire at my house. I ran up and saw my mom running out, I didn’t know what was going on,” said the brother, Jose, 21.

“Then one of the police officers said somebody called and said that the mother and brother of somebody in this house was killed. I said, ‘How is that possible if she’s right there and I’m right here?’”

The Long Beach’s SWAT team two-hour standoff ended peacefully once Castillo figured out that something was going on.Photo: Victor Alcorn

Cops tried for 20 minutes to call Rafael and get him to come out, but he had headphones on and was still glued to his video game console.

“He didn’t realize anything was going on, he couldn’t hear anything,” his brother said. “I told him that there’s a bunch of cops outside that are looking for you.”

He eventually came outside and the emergency services cops rushed in to make sure there was no reality to the phony call.

Even though it was a prank, police still took Castillo’s computer.Photo: Victor Alcorn

“I right away had an idea what it was, because I’ve seen [pranks] on the news,” said Jose Castillo.

The scene at Castillo’s house was eerily similar to the game he had been playing.Photo: Activision

Rafael, known as Rafi, is a junior at Long Beach High School and was at home playing video games because it was spring break.

The vicious gamer likely traced Castillo’s IP address online to find out where he lives, police sources said.

“It was probably just an evil little kid,” one officer said.

“We went and checked out the place and there was nothing there … It sucked up a lot of resources, caused traffic problems. It turned out to be a hoax,” the cop added.

Cops were trying to track down the hoaxer by tracing his electronic footprints, police sources said.

Long Beach Police Commissioner Michael Tangney said it’s just the latest example of the “Swatting” game.

“In this … bizarre world of Swatting, you get points for the helicopter, for the police cars, for the SWAT team, for the type of entry,” he told CBS. “It’s very sophisticated. Unfortunately, it’s very dangerous.”

http://nypost.com/2014/04/22/call-of-duty-loser-calls-in-swat-team-hoax-on-kid-who-beat-him/

Sponsored Links

Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 3:59pm
Damn, it aint that serious but he gone learn.Confused
BeatriceBean View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeatriceBean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 4:05pm
Confused
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (6) Thanks(6)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 4:06pm
Thank goodness he did not get shot and killed....
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 4:08pm
Originally posted by tatee tatee wrote:

The vicious gamer likely traced Castillo’s IP address online to find out where he lives, police sources said.

“It was probably just an evil little kid,” one officer said.

Slap on the wrist coming in 3, 2, 1...
liesnalibis View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote liesnalibis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 4:12pm
These innanets be hurtin feelins...
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 4:15pm
Gamers can be...intense.  Anita Sarkeesian got to feel the full force of their rage.  I could never work for a video game company.  There's an extremely vocal minority that's brutal and a little off emotionally and psychologically.  Seems like this kid might be one of them. Stern Smile  Ban him from the internet in all forms for a decade...it'd be worse than jail.  LOL
bindy View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote bindy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 4:23pm
I hope the State sends him a bill for all the costs incurred.
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 4:27pm
what kid is everyone referring to, it could just as easily be an adult who did it.
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 4:32pm
That's true.  It was more the age of the victim leading me to think he was interacting with people similar to his age.  That's not always true though. 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic